Connectivity issue - use of Session History data

• Thread starter Thread starter sansriraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,505
ISP
MTNL
All the learned members of the Forum,

I am a subscriber of ADSL Broadband service at my residence land line.

For the last few days , I am facing an interruption in otherwise continuous Internet service .

The ADSL LED on the ADSL modem either becomes completely off or blink
intermittently but never seems to get stabilized for a long time. As per
MTNL lineman the line is functioning properly. The LED do get stablised
of its own at many a times at irregular intervals thus breaking the
continuous availability of the Internet service.

I had observed from the Session History of the account that the sessions are of very short duration i.e. for less than a minute

Many a times it is also observed that although the ADSL LED was stable, no ping to
external DNS server could be possible including the browsing and other
net activity.

Whether session his troy records can be utillised in any manner to establish the connectivity problem and non availability of Internet service , being faced by me. If so, I request the learned members of the Forum to kindly to inform me the manner in which it may be used.

With kindd regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

Please post your line stats.

Post the session history too, on any given day when you face continuous disconnections.

Sir,
Many thanks for your kind reply.

All my attempts to post the details of Session History in a legible format has been unsuccessful. Being new to this Forum, I am also not aware how to attach the pdf files of pdf files.

As informed by the MTNL lineman, there is no fault in the line. Further , we are able to make a routine and good use of our land line for making voice calls.

Would you mind access the desired Session History by using the following details at http://register.bol.net.in/htmlui_new/index.html. I am Ericsson user. and is based in Delhi

user id 25104780
passwprd x720

With kind regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

Regarding posting session history, you can take a screenshot of the PDF file and upload it to imgur.com and post the link here.
Or you can upload the file to Dropbox/Google Drive and post the link here.

Looks like a faulty line to me (or a faulty router). Go to 192.168.1.1, and looks for a page called statistics. Need the stats to assess line condition.

192.168.1.1 might ask for a password.

Try:

Username: admin
Password: password

Or

Username:admin
Password: admin

Or admin as username with no password.

Sir,
Under the Status tab, I could find the only meaningful information which has been uploaded as
https://imgur.com/acedmAd
My Modem Front bears T-KD318-EUI
Its identification tag further bears Model No.- UT-300R2U
I wish it could be of some help to you.
With regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

Rock21 ,
I am based in Delhi with the exchange lever of 2510xxxx.
How do you plan to pursue the matter with MTNL . I am planning to approach Area Manager of my exchange.
With regards
Rajiv Bhantagar

Rock21
I am based in Delhi with exchange level of 2510xxxx.How do you plan to approach MTNL . I am planning to approach the Area Manager of my exchange level.
With regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

sansriraj said:
How do you plan to approach MTNL
I am caught up with exams right now so at present I'm doing nothing to fix this issue. My sessions are not as inconsistent as yours.
Most of the time I do get the 6 hour session, but once the problem starts it keeps on restarting every 15-20 minutes.
My line stats are pretty good too. So I suspect there might be a problem with my modem (self owned/not the MTNL one), if that's the case I will buy a new one.