• Thread starter Thread starter shaunak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,048

shaunak

ISP
MTNL Ultd
Hi,

I have recently taken a MTNL connection. The connection keeps breaking often making it unusable.

At the best of times (night, early morning) I get these stats:
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin : 12.5 16.5 db
Line Attenuation : 41.0 28.8 db
Data Rate : 2048 260 kbps

But through out the day, the SNR margin drops to 6.4dB and near abouts.

The second a call comes in on the line, it disconnects. And it disconnects randomly throughout the day anyway.

My 7 year old cousin knows more than the the lady on the 1504 helpline. [Who kept saying "Modom" for some reason. 😡] So I guess I will get no help from MTNL.

I have tried everything to reduce the noise on the line. Minimum splitters, shorted wires. Right now I just have one phone and the router connected. Is there any thing I can do to salvage this connection?

Also, any body know the procedure for ending the connection?

Edit: Its 5 in the morning and my connection is already breaking.😡

Your attenuation is way too high. I had the same problem, i directly called up the GM and kept pestering the call centre guys, ultimately some senior official turned up at my place and blasted the line men. It works fine since then.Just make sure your call is registered and you get a complaint id

file a complaint for noisy telephone line. and when the line man comes make him happy by giving 50 bucks and tell him to change the whole wiring.i suffer from frequent dsconnections once in every 6 months or so(i am on mtnl since 2007) and this is what i do. after wiring is changed net and phone both work smoothly

I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

file a complaint for noisy telephone line. and when the line man comes make him happy by giving 50 bucks and tell him to change the whole wiring.
i suffer from frequent dsconnections once in every 6 months or so(i am on mtnl since 2007) and this is what i do. after wiring is changed net and phone both work smoothly

I do the same & it works.