Connection breaking too often

amitdasmarty

ISP
BSNL
Hi Guys , My BSNL 500 Home plan , is breaking / disconnecting too often. I use a D-Link ADSL modem.It gets reconnected if I restart or after the idle time out / auto connect.Can someone tell me what could the problem be ? Its quite annoying 😡since sometimes the net connection breaks when I am using net banking and stuff like that..I live in Aundh , Pune. Any users experiencing similar issues ? Please help..

Always mention the modem/router model no.Check SNR/ATTn /Line speed Mod selected page in your unitand post screenshot here.try GDMT.

Hi ,

I am using aDLINK GLB-502T ADSL2+ Router.
The BSNL plan is Home 500.

I am not able to find the things you mentioned to check and , what do you mean by paging. Excuse my ignorance on these things :yahoo:

Can you tell me how to check these and then I can get back with more details.

Hey , I am yet to try the new connection type suggested. You are suggesting to use a Bridge connection instead of a PPPoE connection ?Is there a difference , advantage ? I have never experienced these disconnections earlier with the same connection type. However I shall try and let you know.Thanks

Hi,I tried using the WAN Miniport dialer option 😗. But it says remote computer not responding. :madness:So I switched back to the Always on PPPOE connection. It works but keeps breaking as usual ...how annoying 😡I think I will walk over to my BSNL xchange and ask them if there is a problem from their end ..!!Any more smarter solutions with anyone ?