• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,771

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
guys, i am still disappointed that some of u still r getting only 24-26kb/s as download speed(esp. u cb79).plz try "TZ Connection Booster" or any other booster to optimize the settings and get the feel of real speedor while downloading atleast use a download manager such as leechget or any other! :blink:

u can't use any download managers for P2Ps or torrents... 😛and more than half of the "junta" here use that... 😉and somehow, none of the boosters ever worked for me :huh:

guys i dont knw why u guys get only 24-25KBps in mtnl tribandi get 31.5-33KBps constant.. 🙄 i got even vide clips to bolster my comments 😀

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jul 10 2005, 11:55 PM
u can't use any download managers for P2Ps or torrents... 😛

and more than half of the "junta" here use that... 😉

and somehow, none of the boosters ever worked for me  :huh:
[snapback]15668[/snapback]
[/quote]

well ur speeds there certainly depend on ur peers but still can get around 29kb/s.
i download X & Y from bitcomet and had an avg. speed of 29kb/s 😱

yes, i'm downloading at that speed now on an average...29 kBps with P2Ps and torrents...and yes, i was checking some downloads from your "TZ Connection Booster" page, and it was giving me upwards of 31 kBps constant... 🙂and my personal experience...those boosters don't really work...my speed was same before/after installing the TZ booster... 😛

Yes it doesnt have any effect. Even after letting it tweak my settings i get the same speed as before i.e. download speed of 238.5 kbps with D-Link modem and 244 kbps with my other modem.Has anybody tested the upload speed for NU. I get 200-209 kbps only. I think its because i am synced at 256 Kbps upload instead of 288 Kbps which is my sync rate for downloads.

i had read sumwhere in the forum that the connection speed is also going to be area based... i dont think we are getting a dedicated bandwith( or is it?)... cause andheri west where i am is getting pretty slow.... dunno if other areas in mumbai n other citied are also getting pretty slow too....

@cyberwiz...right now they're giving u 256 up and 256 down...though they call it ADSL...means u can upload at the speed equivalent to ur download speeds...and whenever i use torrents, my uploads easily go around 50 kBps...yes kBps and not kbps...@ashwin...that's wrong...no matter what ur area is, u'll get the committed speed...the only thing that really matters is the distance of ur home from the exchange...that's it...enjoy!!! 🙂

Normally in all other countries the ADSL ul/dl speed ratio is 1:8 to 1:4 ie with a download speed of 2mbps you will get an upload speed of only 256kbps, luckily MTNL are new to the business and hence are unaware of this. ;-)

i think it is more as per their experience in the business. not many people would need as much speeds for uploading... 🙂

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jul 15 2005, 09:29 AM
@cyberwiz...right now they're giving u 256 up and 256 down...though they call it ADSL...means u can upload at the speed equivalent to ur download speeds...and whenever i use torrents, my uploads easily go around 50 kBps...yes kBps and not kbps...

@ashwin...that's wrong...no matter what ur area is, u'll get the committed speed...the only thing that really matters is the distance of ur home from the exchange...that's it...enjoy!!! 🙂
[snapback]16298[/snapback]
[/quote]

I only manage abt 300 mb in 7 hrs of downloading. thru bitcomet... i have now tried forwarding port 12242 for the software... i hv applied that on both my routers.. wireless n adsl.... last nite i did it only on adsl n saw no increase in speed... lets see if doin it on both routers helps..... but still 300 mb in 7 hrs is too low...

well, here are my last night's figures...Bytes Uploaded - 437247158Bytes Down loaded - 850400368Logged In Time - 7/17/05 12:06:41 AMLogged out Time - 7/17/05 8:12:47 AMDuration (HH:MM:SS) - 8:6:6i'm not forwarding any ports...basically, am doing nothing extra other than the default options 🙂

hello guys wat i know is ur speed depends on the the communication between ur mechine and the server mean is WEP >>>>>>>>>>>.............. i and wat the blander u r talking about is nothing it there is some think true let me know ya some software can match with ur setting's but no fully. see i am using 2 internet connection 1 pcmica data card 2nd is EV-DO but i have very good speed uploading & downloading also

i couldnt understand that......forwarding thing ....can somebody explain abt that more......

atleast he searched the forum instead of making a new post... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As for what he wants 😕😕😕