Connecting Two Computers

• Thread starter Thread starter debu200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,519

debu200

Hi,I am new to this forum. I have two computers(each has a lan card) and a Huawei MT841 modem which has 3 to 4 LAN ports and a USB port. I also have a PPoE software and a BSNL broadband(256 unlimited, 900 plus). Can anyone tell me how I can connect these two computers with the above modem so that if any one of them connect to internet through this modem the other one can also serf the internet simultaneously. Also if anyone is off the other can still enter the internet by dialup. Thanks in advance.Debo.

Without looking at the modem, (never heard of it, and i can't be bothered googling it) it looks like a simple job mate. Connect your phone lines, power etc. to the modem. Get one CAT5 cable, and it goes from the modem to pc1another cat5 cable will go to another lan port, to pc2. Simple, your set. Leave the modem on at all times, and turn off the pc's as required. Try to avoid using USB at all costs in this situation. hope it helps🙂

Enable DHCP (assigns IP's to each machine automatically) and connect all the comp's with lan cables. All of them will be able to connect both simultaneously and individually.

i have two pc. and use one MAC in two pcs. How I share directory between two pc? what I need?