Connecting two computers with the same BSNL connection

• Thread starter Thread starter avi_wizard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,254

avi_wizard

ISP
BSNL
I have a BSNL Dataone connection at home. The modem I have currently is a Huawei SmartAX MT841 (with WiFi PCMCIA card).There are two bedrooms in my house and currently I have kept my desktop in my brother's bedroom which is connected to the modem. I have recently bought a new laptop which I'll be using in my bedroom which also has the same phone connection. Can I use another modem to connect to the phone connection and configure it accordingly? If so which modem do I need to buy and how to configure it?Please note that I can't use an ethernet cable to connect to the existing modem as the rooms are pretty far off..

No. You cannot use two modems simultaneously with the same line. You can use " Connectify " on your desktop and convert it into a wifi hotspot. You need a wifi dongle in your desktop for this and desktop or the machine you wish to install Connectify should have Windows 7.

I have a BSNL Dataone connection at home. The modem I have currently is a Huawei SmartAX MT841 (with WiFi PCMCIA card).

There are two bedrooms in my house and currently I have kept my desktop in my brother's bedroom which is connected to the modem. I have recently bought a new laptop which I'll be using in my bedroom which also has the same phone connection. Can I use another modem to connect to the phone connection and configure it accordingly? If so which modem do I need to buy and how to configure it?

Please note that I can't use an ethernet cable to connect to the existing modem as the rooms are pretty far off..
Only One unit should be ON

YES. Only One modem/router should be ON at time.

Room 1 MT841 ethernet Desktop WIFI unit Working ? tested ?

Room 2: Suggest type IV on rent from BSNL for laptop.
Two ADSL splitters required. One in each room for Phone.

Buy a wifi router, and your issues will be resolved.

Please note that I can't use an ethernet cable to connect to the existing modem as the rooms are pretty far off.].
Distance not specified. ( also building height)
Upto 100 meters of rj45 cable can be used.
MT841 already has wifi facility. Huawei SmartAX MT841 (with WiFi PCMCIA card).

Laptop may not have ethernet card.