Connecting To Wan Miniport :(

PankajSh@rma

ISP
BSNL UL900+
Well my problems with BSNL continue,I m on UL900 plan and got my pass last weekThis morning as usual i turned on my PC tried connecting to Dataone and after displaying Connecting to Wan Miniport(PPPOE) an error pops upError678-The remote computer did not respondWell the only strange thing i observed is that in the LAN settings there is no Default Gateway and i really don't remember the default gateway,It is displaying Ip Address,Subnet MaskAlso the DNS server settings are emptyI am a noob so really don't have any idea what to do,Is the problem related to default gateway or what?Can anyone tell me what to do,To contact BSNL or what

Error 678 occurs due to a LAN card misfunction, driver corruption or just the dialer corruption. reset all these three and it should connect.double check that your modem is still running in bridge mode.🙂

Error 678 occurs due to a LAN card misfunction, driver corruption or just the dialer corruption. reset all these three and it should connect.
double check that your modem is still running in bridge mode.🙂

Yeah while checking the LAn Card settings i can't find any default gateway and i don't know how to reset the LAn card,I told u i am noob 😛

well you dont need to put any thing in your LAN card TCP/IP settings.the setting though are available in control panel>>>network connections>>Local area network properties>>>TCP/IP properties.user defined IP address..🙂 Default Gateway will be you modem 192.168.1.1but since you are running in bridge mode and using PPPOE/dialer of your computer, you need not put any thing in just the DNS will do and let the IP be automatically assigned.🙂Uninstalling LAN card from device manager>>>ethernet adaptors.(to access device manager right click My Computer and hit manage)🙂AFter uninstalling scan for hardware changes and wait.

I get the same error when they are working on the DSLAM. So if u are absolutely sure that u havent meddled with any networking settings, just hang on. Maybe they a working on the DSLAM.

First thing is to check whether the indicator above whose caption is link in the modem is glowing or not. If it is not glowing then the modem can't connect to the LAN. It may be a temporary problem and may be solved next time you try to connect. (After some hours)And if it is a permanent problem then its advisable to contact bsnl.

Whenever you get the error 678 , .1 Just check you get dialtone in your telephone . 2.Open the modem page and check diagnostics page or dsl status. 3.If default gateway is not shown 59.xx.xx.xx , the BB connection is down. 4.If after some time connection is not restored call 1600 424 1800 and check up. ( and another number during working hours I think 12678 is it All India ?)) 5. Start/ RUN type cmd type ping 192.168.1.1 and check connections/hardware OK. 6. If all fail post to IBF with detailed case history !!!!