Connecting to BSNL broadband over USB & Ethernet at the same time on two differenct PCs

• Thread starter Thread starter vinayak.007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,775

vinayak.007

ISP
BSNL
Hi,Can one connect to DataOne from two different PCs over Ethernet & USB at the same time? (one PC is connected to the modem over Ethernet & other PC is connected to the same modem over USB)Appreciate your time & help.(I know it can be done using a switch/hub)~Vinayak

@vinayak.007Welcome to broadbandforum.coMention your modem model and make.If it has LAN and USB port it is possible.to connect two computers to above modem.You need USB drivers.Confirm you have the Installation CD.

I think you need to be in PPPoE and then assign different IPs to the computers.

@essbebethanx for the link.i hope it works out well.i just found out i dont hv the usb cable that socket-fits in my modem. gotta get one. 🙁.....will letya knw once i get one.

found the USB cable in the box provided by BSNL. : )installed the drivers, n got my internet up n running over USB. yahoo!!but my basic problem remains the same. i can't access the internet at the same time from two PCs - one PC over ethernet n other over USB.It works only over one PC at a time : ( ....any solution to this problem guys other than getting a switch/hub ??