Connecting multiple computers to a modem

ISP
mtnl
I am using a trendchip multiport cpe provided by mtnl. Currently i am using 2 out of 4 ports of the modem, one with desktop & other with IPTV. Now i wish to connect my laptop to another port. What changes should be made in settings of modem so that i am able to share my internet connection.

members/shubgautam-gmail-com/Welcome to broadband forum.in.Were you given a three way splitter ? One Port for telephones. 2nd Port for Internet ===>> to modem===>> to desktopand third port for IPTV from which a connection will go to your Set top box (decoder). ===>> to TV . Since one port is used for Desktop, connect the laptop with ethernet cable to another port.If setup is not correct as detailed above, please give details. Para two: The details of the cpe is not clear. Kindly give more details Model Name or screen shot of the Device status.. if not WIFI you need another wifi router for your laptop, to use it anywhere in the apartment/house.

@essbebe the connection to the STB(set top box for iptv) is through a LAN cable from the bsnl/mtnl modem.. its a 2 way splitter only.. no change there.... @shubgautam i dont think you will need to make any changes.. just connect it .. PS:just make sure your network settings are correct(i.e. DHCP enabled in your modem or manual configuration of ip on your laptop)