Connecting Airtel DTH with TV Tuner and Recording

• Thread starter Thread starter reshapco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,220

reshapco

ISP
BSNL
Hello guys, Today I took the Airtel DTH hoping i would be able to record program coming on Sony (CID) but when I tried it says "Broadcast is only for viewing, recording prohibited" on Avermedia TV Tuner. Do any of you knows any trick which could bypass this encryption. Earlier, local cable wala use to work very fine.

Hello,I have the same problem...I tried recording with different softwares (Media Portal, Win DVR, etc). But the AverMedia TV Tuner is blocking everything. Someone was mentioning that recording works with only old Airtel STBs not the new ones. If anyone has any inputs, Please share....Thanks

from what i know, this encryption is hard to break without hardware modifications.

well if you are using Tv tuner card...then you must be using your computer to see your programs....use screen recording software like camsoft ....just an suggestion though..

thx for the sugges,screen capture does not gives good quality,there must be some other way

Once u can connect the STB to the TV Tuner, without any A/V sync issues, then i think things shud work out fine. I connected D2h HD DVR to my TV Tuner, but the problem was that Audio & Video were far from coming in sync. Else recording was possible.