Connect thru Dialler or Auto Connect

• Thread starter Thread starter Issus123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,352

Issus123

HiI plan to use B/B connection from my home comp.only. Hence, which is the better option - Dialler or autoconnect? Are there any pros/cons in either of the methods?

i prefer autoconnect coz i leave my computer on all the time. a dialer would be good for someone who logs in once in a while and would rather like the option of keep changing their passwords for security sake.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 15 2005, 03:43 PM
i prefer autoconnect coz i leave my computer on all the time. a dialer would be good for someone who logs in once in a while and would rather like the option of keep changing their passwords for security sake.
[snapback]32035[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, but the pwds can be changed if desired even in auto-connect right? I gather one has to go to http://192.168.1.1 for this.

of course. but if i am online all the time, i would know that someone else changed my password. or they wont be able to use my net coz i would be using it anyways 😉

Many thanks.
Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 15 2005, 04:58 PM
of course. but if i am online all the time, i would know that someone else changed my password. or they wont be able to use my net coz i would be using it anyways 😉
[snapback]32050[/snapback]
[/quote]

If u need automatic downloading during NU, then leave it on dialer. That way u can switch on the modem and sleep peacefully without getting billed for exceeding free time (I do that only).

Can you give us a detailed method how you schedule the dialer and from where to download the dialer software?Most modems are configured to use the builtin dialer so what did you change in the modem page to use your other dialer?

There is a post already existing on this forum titled "Automatic downloading btw 2-8am"(or something like this). Pls read it.

Originally posted by Thor@Nov 16 2005, 03:02 AM
Can you give us a detailed method how you schedule the dialer and from where to download the dialer software?
Most modems are configured to use the builtin dialer so what did you change in the modem page to use your other dialer?
[snapback]32175[/snapback]
[/quote]

yes I need help on this too. I checked that 2am-8am thread also. 🙁