confused with BSNL modem Please Help Needed

• Thread starter Thread starter xception
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,061

xception

ISP
dataone & VSNL
Hi i applied for data one connection long before and finally got it. i Need wifi modem from BSNL that is type4( price around 1800 rupees.) Since they didnt had it i cancelled the modem from them n now got the username n password.Now my problem is wat should i actually buy. I searched for adsl wifi modem in ebay , i was able to find adsl modem cum router but that was priced 5000 rupess but from BSNL it was 1800 only.My friend told me a option of buying a adsl modem n another wifi router n connect both . But even then combined cost would go to 4000 again. Can a wifi router alone can be used with bsnl dataone or i strictly need a modem too. Pl help with some suggestion on buying. i am really worried about cost too.Thank u

Nopes, Router buffers and forwards data packets across an internetwork toward their destinations, through a process known as routing.

You need a modem to attach to the router.

I also bought the connection in June 06 and had a Type-I modem but wanted a Type-IV modem coz i have a PSP n Laptop. So i used to call the S.D.O of my exchange every week and finally in December I got the Type-IV modem.

All you need is to be on the nerves of the BSNL officers and they'll do it for you...

i think u can buy a wifi modem.. it should be out there.. u probably have to go to the actual vendor instead of e bay..

Thanks a lot for above quick replies. I have been asking Bsnl about this Type 4 for a very long time. They say there is some problem in getting it( bsnl chennai)Since i have already cancelled the bsnl modem i have just username n password with me n still have accessed the net. I ready to buy this type 4 if its available in local market for more or less around bsnl price. but the prob is it almost the double or trible the price of bsnl.If any one can suggest me which one to go for n brand name of it. it wil be much helfpul