Confused between Nokia C7, Samsung Ace & Samsung Wave II

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,526
@IBFUser Thanks, will check out that site.

Update: Glanced at this site & found it very interesting, will be spending more time there too to glean any info. Thanks once again. 😀

Regarding Bada - my wife uses some version of corby on bada OSIt has nice features ...but still does not come close to actual android on software frontIf you like to try new applications and custom ROMS ...go for Android

C7 or ace.....both look ok :closedeyes:wave useless.....for now its for antique ppl though screen look nice 😛

@IBFUser Thanks, will check out that site.

Update: Glanced at this site & found it very interesting, will be spending more time there too to glean any info. Thanks once again. 😀

no problem. glad i could help. 🙂

Go for Samsung Wave II...BADA 2.0 is set to arrive in a couple of months and the Company has big Hopes on that...Many New features are gonna be added and it may be at par with Android...Although there may not be tons of apps like Android...BADA certainly has a long term Prospective...

samsung simply does not have the clout of Apple... since they are the only ones manufacturing bada based mobile phones, there is very little incentive for developers to code apps for it.

1] ANdorid is costly cause, each manufacturer add their own features to FREE os and then launch it rather than just puttit "OUT OF BOX" hence u cant see a chinese phone with sohpisticated andorid OS. 2] BADA may be big and good, wont and havent yet hold the water against Android with feautres, multi tasking,editing, touch ability( BADA is way slower in touch response as of now) and lastly development. 3] Nokia has outdated itself long ago, now the world is going towards innovation and nokia is churning out the same old SYMBIAN devices which cant even handle overload from network

samsung simply does not have the clout of Apple... since they are the only ones manufacturing bada based mobile phones, there is very little incentive for developers to code apps for it.

Well...If RIM,Apple And Symbian thought of the same issue..Then There wud not have been a BB,a Symbian and an IOS...

Samsung is clever and they will not leave BADA by any means...BADA will eventually be the only OS for Samsung at some point of time..And that is the time,It will be set for major push...Even now it is not doing too bad...With the launch of BADA 2.0 it can get only bigger...This OS is very clean and we can depend on it unlike Android where the phone loose support after 18 months!!

RIM Blackberry is not a new platform. It is hugely popular in the enterprise market. Apple started the whole thing about mobile apps. Symbian is THE world's most popular smartphone platform. Even today. Bada is a new platform. Only Samsung is manufacturing it. And that too alongside Android AND Windows Phone 7 devices. I consider it as a Plan B from Samsung. Keep an open option. So that they have something if their deals with Google or Microsoft go bad. Look at Sony... they currently have nothing as backup. They stopped manufacturing Symbian devices long time ago. They are not making WP7 devices. They are totally dependent upon the Android ecosystem. Motorola is in the same boat.Other mobile platforms that are in a similar position? HP webOS Blackberry PlayBook MeeGo

It is a good ploy by Samsung..And I am sure it will be Successful..BADA is the most stable OS then Android..There will not be a case of fragmentation..And it is very easy to use..I agree this is very late move by Samsung but at least they have a proper roadmap unlike HP WEBOS and Meego..Which have almost hit the end of the lineSo BADA will be a major OS in the coming months..BADA 2.0 will be crucial for the company..

i hate to repeat something here. bada is not going to become relevant until and unless it is adopted by other mobile phone manufacturers. no developer would cater to the small segment of bada mobile platform. from what i see the order of preference is already pretty complicated.1. Apple ios2. google android3. blackberry os 4. windows phone 75. HP webos6. symbian/bada/meegoi am yet to see any developer behind a popular app providing a native app for the bada platform.

android is future .. so better stick to it .. but the review i got for Ace is not very good .. u can't say its VFM ...LG O1 is currently best VFM and if you can increase budget think about Galexy SL ..

if you want better camera phone don't go for LG O1 .. else both have almost same configuration ... Ace has bigger screen but resolution is same ... and you need to pay 5k extra for bigger screen and 5mp camera