Confused between Nokia C7, Samsung Ace & Samsung Wave II

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,521
Get the Motorola Defy. Better screen resolution than all the phones you are suggesting. Screen as big as the wave. Much better CPU+GPU than Ace. Better CPU and more RAM than C7.

There is not much price differance between galexy sl n moto ..Sl has better hardware spec n ots totally value for money

Galaxy SL and Defy both have the same CPU+GPU, in the defy its just underclocked to 800 Mhz. Can be run at 1 Ghz stable. There were reports that the next firmware update will include the overclock. Defy has much better and rugged build quality. Slightly more RAM (512mb vs 478mb). Galaxy SL has a 4" screen vs 3.7" on the Defy. I still think defy is more VFM.

Hardware of Defy and Galaxy SL might be similar ...but the development and custom ROMS for samsung phones are much more.and once you have finalised android ...customer ROMS, developments, tweaks etc are a BIG difference in experience 🙂

Cant seem to install Samsung Kies latest ver which I downloaded from their site, on my machine (Win XP) for some reason. Every time it fails it gives a new 'reason'. :blink3: :mad (2): I wonder if this is an indicator of things to come 🙁

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/samsungkieserror.jpg/

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us

Hardware of Defy and Galaxy SL might be similar ...but the development and custom ROMS for samsung phones are much more.

and once you have finalised android ...customer ROMS, developments, tweaks etc are a BIG difference in experience 🙂
I would beg to differ, the galaxy sl is sold in very few countries and unlike captivate and vibrant does not share hardware with the galaxy s, so development of custom Rom's will not be much. It didnt even have a dedicated section at xda forums the last time I checked. So even on that account, defy is better. A lot of people are successfully running Cyanogenmod 7 on it.

I wonder why this is happening to me as I am using a legal copy of Win XP (with the latest updates) 🙁 My friends never fail to laugh at me when I encounter these problems as they never seem to have it with their 'unofficial' copies :001_tt2:

:rofl:

Uninstall the current drivers from device manager, then remove Kies.

Go to the directory where you installed Kies and delete all the left over files.

If you have Ccleaner installed on your PC, do a registry scan and fix the registry errors related to Kies.

If you don't have .NET Framework 3.5 installed, please download it from here: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package)

Reboot. Try installing it again, XP sucks big time, so be prepared to get pissed off even more, if it still doesn't work.

Uninstall the current drivers from device manager, then remove Kies.

Go to the directory where you installed Kies and delete all the left over files.

If you have Ccleaner installed on your PC, do a registry scan and fix the registry errors related to Kies.

If you don't have .NET Framework 3.5 installed, please download it from here: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package)

Reboot. Try installing it again, XP sucks big time, so be prepared to get pissed off even more, if it still doesn't work.

Thanks Checked with CCcleaner no errors, .NET Framework 3.5 already installed. Still gives crappy errors will try installing on Win 7 machine 🙂
Thanks once again