Confused between BSNL/Airtel in Gurgaon!!

• Thread starter Thread starter langdatyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,277

langdatyagi

ISP
MTNL
Hello Guys,

To start with I must appreciate this forum, this is the best place to look if you have any problems related to broadband. This is THE broadband forum of India 🙂

I currently am in Delhi & have to relocate to Gurgaon to reduce my travel. I am currently using MTNL's broadband for my Internet needs. I have a 256 unlimited plan which costs me around 700 or 800 a month but I get a speed of around 1.7Mbps all the time.

Moving on the Gurgaon, I can make out from the discussions on this forum that Airtel/BSNL are the only two good options. But none of them match the speed/money ratio of MTNL 🙂 Honestly, MTNL's connection that I am using is only 256Kbps but goes upto 2Mbps, hence the speed that I am getting.

My question to you guys is, what do you suggest which one should I go with Airtel or BSNL? Also if anyone of them have these 'UPTO' plans which I can use?

Thanks.

PS:

1) I am not a computer layman, so I would not need help configuring my router, but of course I need a highly reliable connection that does not goes down very frquently...MTNL's customer service would be comparable to that of BSNL or may be a little better...If I call them it's only to lodge a complaint...not to configure my modem 😛
2) I am not a very heavy downloader, but i very often download movies & software even OS's from the internet & yeah have a premium link-removed a/c ;-)
3) I am looking only for a unlimited plan.
4) I would be happy to spend around 1000 (+-300) for a decent, reliable, high speed broadband.

if you need reliability, airtel is the one to get here in gurgaon. bsnl works fine. but once it goes down, you would struggle to get it fixed. airtel on the other hand is pretty darn reliable and customer support is much better. i cannot really say about speeds. airtel delivers what they promise. you are unlikely to get speed boosts. bsnl i am not sure. i stay away from it.

well the admin of this forum has too much free time considering he is looking for work :irock:

bsnl also has FUP on some of their new plans. airtel from what i have seen has not started applying FUP on their experience branded plans.

bsnl also has Fair Usage Policy on some of their new plans.

airtel from what i have seen has not started applying Fair Usage Policy on their laexperience branded pns.

bsnl doesnt implemented fair use policy on ul750 and ul1350 9the unlimited plans ) while all other operator does. which exp banded plan are u talking about?

Experience

airtel's new experience branded plans.

bsnl's new plans have FUP. i am not sure if the old plans are still available.

feel free to explain problems with airtel... once you get the connection.
to know the danger its not wise to be a victim
airtel is very clever first it will attract the customer then it will suffocates customer by its fair use policy ( cmon could u expect not to be implemented once it been offcially announced ,it will anyways!)

you are in delhi. you have mtnl. you probably have no idea how bsnl gurgaon works. i have seen 2-3 of my friends switch from bsnl to airtel in the recent months and they are pretty happy to make the switch.

you are in delhi. you have mtnl. you probably have no idea how bsnl gurgaon works. i have seen 2-3 of my friends switch from bsnl to airtel in the recent months and they are pretty happy to make the switch.

i m in ghaziabad i m on bsnl and its working best for me with full speed promised 315 kbps . discount on monthly rental (750 UL+) and ease of billing

----------

u never asked them the REASON to make the switch happen

both cases were related to downtimes. they had to regularly bribe the local BSNL linesman and still the downtime was constant. bsnl call centers are practically useless. and they decided to switch to airtel.

both cases were related to downtimes. they had to regularly bribe the local BSNL linesman and still the downtime was constant. bsnl call centers are practically useless. and they decided to switch to airtel.
well bribing is not common in govt dept . even line man here ask for 20 rs when he come to repair with a smile.but u sud consider calling to higher atthourity local node exchange. and bsnl nib center in bnagalore
it happended to me too that that the loca line man got a issue and my connection went off for 3 days . i made a call to all SDO, nodal exchange , call center (they works ) and the next day 9 times bsnl called to conforms that evrything Ok (after reapiring)