The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter vikikivi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12,184
  • Views Views 1,299,329
I said, India did not invade anyone in last 1000 years.. Chola and Bharat were way way before all that.

Attack on Srivijaya was carried out by the 'Medieval Cholas', wiki says it started in 1025 and went on atleast till 1088.

----------

VEGETABLE STEW CLICK HERE PLZ
Thank god admin is on our side and mods are cool with it other wise we would have been k/bd in matter of minutes thanks OPERAMANIAC..

Nice dish
I can almost smell this dish from inside the monitor. :clapping:

Another reason why anyone from "Bharat" region did not attack was because they had another region within "Bharat" not under their control & probably in their focus of next in line to attack even before they can even think of extending beyond.....

gonna have to start a petition to delete the Petition to Delete this war mongering ... lol 😛

Attack on Srivijaya was carried out by the 'Medieval Cholas', wiki says it started in 1025 and went on atleast till 1088.

Well ok, I did not know abt exact year.

But still in anyway figure of 1000 was not meant to be very precise. It was indicative to stress that India has not invaded any country a long long time.

Ok.. Lets take the last 900-1100 years..... So we are at 900-2000 AD .... so when you refer India whom are you referring to - Are you referring the sum of all kingdoms that existed between these years within the region defined as Bharat at the time of the completion of his conquest several 1000N years ago?

Umm.. see its very difficult to pin point exact regime but you can say kingdoms then, which are now India, Pak, Bangladesh.

The problem here is that, people have remained linked to each other, but rulers have changed over past 1000 years.

Just like India and Pakistan, rulers are now different, but just 70 years back, both were same country. We still have people where they or their father were born in Pakistan but now in India. They may be having close relatives in Pakistan. So now when they go to Pak, they wudnt feel in foreign country but their own country.

So similarly, even though kingdoms were different, people cud easily move to and fro from one kingdom to other, stay with relatives in other kingdom (yet dont much feel they are not in their own country)

Umm if you have heard stories from your grandparents, about their stories and their OWN grandparents, you wud realize in their stories going to certain kingdoms was NOT equivalent to going to DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

Unfortunately, its very difficult to explain what I am trying to say! (Or I am not able to explain properly)

Err... warthog himself has said he named his avatar based on a game

M12 Force Application Vehicle - Halo Nation - The Halo Franchise, Bungie, 343 Industries and more

----------

@Amish - In those days you did not need a passport & even a few years back it was possible to migrate more easily & unless your behaviour was suspicious or you were from a enemy country you could easily migrate easily...

==============================

Back to topic.... All I am saying is you simply cannot say we (India/Pak/Ban/Npl/Burma etc) ... were ever a part of a single unified entity or a group .. Over a different period of time in the last X years , the regions changed in power & in size....

The similarity is a) The Land Masses being together & hence being referred under the various names - Indian Subcontinent, Hind, Bharat, India etc just as how we refer the "Americas", "The Gulf" , "Arabs" , "West Indies" etc.... b) We have ethnic similarities i.e look pretty same...

So, though I have no objection to all of us (Ind/Pak/Ban/Npl/Bur) being called as being part of the Indian subcontinent or Greater India etc...

We certainly have not been a single group of people who have not invaded or had wars ....

yes warthog is name of animal... and i was just mixing initial 3 letters on purposeI think in all maps (of bharatvarsh), madhya pradesh was region which was very common to all rulers 😀 So atleast MP people can say that they never invaded any country. All countries kept invading them and ruling them!

YouTube is full of Ra.One ads.

Google probably gave him a solid discount in return for his presence on Google Plus.

SRK on Google Plus could potentially bring a million new users (idiots) to Plus.