Confirmed, changing serial number in ONT works

• Thread starter Thread starter rajil.s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 25,778
Just requesting some help with changing serial number for the device TP-Link XZ2000-G3. It has a validation for 16 digit hex serial. Any help to get over this validation would be appreciated.
Same situation here. Bought it to clone my sercomm onu but unable to find the 16 digit hex serial number

i got an HG8145V5 can anyone share their WAN Config screen? I don't know why but pppoe isn't connecting in pfsense after changing the serial.

pon authentication works

Hi, is the serial number modification for PON Authentication only or both pon and pppoe?

IIUC, Its just for pon authentication. PPPoE doesnt send device serial number. (This can be verified with a packet capture)

It could be that or it can be the pppoe server.

On Bsnl, it just stops responding to your PADI packets for 30-40 minutes if there were quite a few failed authentication attempts(password wrong/username wrong/mac address wrong)

Ok so i created a script for scanning all the vlans from 1 to 4092 for pppoe servers, it works on the pppoe server I created for testing inside a vlan, the pppoe server shows up when connected to ZTE router. I've no clue what is going on.

I don't know your network topology but looks like L2 separation has not been done properly.

For a brief period(until people in #networking) pointed out, My switch was also receiving L2 traffic from the ISP. I thought I had that covered but didn't.

spent so much time today trying to get this working but nope pppoe servers not detected.

i'll call airtel and tell them to disable bridge mode hopefully that fixes it. i think there is smthn wrong with the way airtel does bridge mode on zte routers, my ripe atlas used to work before i told em to enable it.