Configuring Nokia ONT for static IP for Airtel Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Firephoenix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 12,064
ISP
Airtel XStream
Hi Team I am using Airtel's Nokia router(without antennas), so I have been provided static ip by airtel along with few other details such as IP Mask, Gateway and I tried configuring my router.

So went into router page from 192.168.1.1 and then logged in-> Network Tab -> WAN and then changed settings
Connection Type : IPoE(Changed from PPPoE that wasset from earlier)
IP mode : IPv4
Nat : Checked
Service : TR-069 and Internet - checked
Enable VLAN : Checked
IPv4 Address : static(provided by Airtel)
Netmask : IP mask(provided by Airtel)
Gateway : same as ip
Pri Dns : unchanged as before
Sec DNS : unchanged as before
Ter DNS : empty

And saved these setting, rebooted the router once and still internet is not working.

Navigated to Status-> WAN Status -> Wan Link Status is coming as "Up"

Something I am missing here that needs to be done?

Airtel technician came but they didn't had any idea how to configure so they sent me the ip details on whatsapp provided by Airtel, can anyone help as I am not expert in networking settings.

Thanks 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
@imdarkray Nope bro they even closed my request and have started deducting static ip charges also, but now I have raised another complaint for internet not working, lets see how they act on it and yesterday they told me that static ip charges have been increased to Rs.199+taxes.

How about you, if it works for you let me know the exact settings please, in my Wan Status the Tx packets are travelling but Rx that is receiving packets are stuck at 0, not sure where the issue is and even Airtel is not responding just delaying this, lets see, due to this even my pings have gone high

Upvote 0
@Firephoenix

can you try .. ( lets say for example Airtel allocated you IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

IPv4 Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : xxx.xxx.xxx.1 ( here first 3 octets will be same as your IP allocated by airtel and the last octet will be " 1 " )
Primary DNS - 1.1.1.1 ( you can also use any other dns servers as you prefer)
Secondary DNS - 1.0.0.1

see if works ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Sushubh not sure now. But on 31st Aug, I had requested the static ip and they told me 99+ taxes will be charged.

Upvote 0
Yes they even told me 99+taxes but yesterday when I checked with them then they told that static ip prices have been increased starting 1st September and I saw on twitter too some users saying that they are receiving messages regarding price revision, for me there is not much difference in speeds, I am thinking to drop it after observing for few days if the prices are really increased

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow! Shocking news if airtel increased the price. That means lot of people are now taking static ip. Thank you guys! (Airtel secretly saying)

Upvote 0
HI Guys,

I needed static IP for work, I requested one from Airtel.
Backend team assigned Static IP, but the ONT is not configured. (Still on PPPoE mode)
i also have the same Nokia router like @Firephoenix but i am not able to delete the PPPoE connection and create IPoE. Airtel team here is resetting the router again and again but the default old PPPoE setting are perfected every single time.

now i am stuck "WAN Authentication Failure" failure msg.

Any idea how do i get this static IP working?
I have the details (IP subnet gateway)

Upvote 0
As you said
Gateway : same as ip
Pri Dns : unchanged as before
Sec DNS : unchanged as before
Ter DNS : empty
The Gateway can't be same as IPv4 its first 3 blocks will be same but the last will be 1 or 100. I think you have the Nokia 140 router that's why you are able to edit , mine is Nokia G2424GA which set to default set. and no editing privileges.

Upvote 0