Configuring Netgear WNR2000v1 Modem to Reliance Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyflamesai

ISP
Airtel/ JioFiber
Hello!

I'll be getting my Reliance Broadband connection at Ashok Nagar tomorrow. The Reliance Dump Server is just above my apartments, so he said I may get nice D/U Rates. 😛 I don't know if above is true, but I switched just cos I got annoyed by BSNL's FUP. I paid around 999 bucks in BSNL for 8GB FUP (4Mbps). Reliance Broadband guarantees me 50GB of FUP for 4MBPS and rest of month goes on with 1MBPS. Which was a good plan to work around with.

The thing is, i've got a Netgear Wireless Modem/Router WNR2000V1 and I was thinking to use the same modem for my Reliance Broadband too. The installation would be done tomorrow evening.

Would I be able to use the same on my Reliance Broadband too? Has someone here used it like that?

Please help me. TIA.

Reliance has no FUP for most plans. Infact, for 1099 you can get 4mbps with no FUP How did you manage to get on a plan with FUP?

They have modified their plans a bit. 999 bucks and you get 50GB for 4MBPS. And after 50GB its 1MBPS.

I lost the paper the guy gave me yesterday. Are you using Reliance BB?

Reliance has no FUP for most plans. Infact, for 1099 you can get 4mbps with no FUP How did you manage to get on a plan with FUP?

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Today I got it installed. And for those who wanted to view my BB Plan, here it goes.

Hmm. This is new. I wonder why it isn't on the website.

And another great news is that, I connected the BINATONE modem they gave with my Broadband Connection to the Existing Netgear N300. The Netgear Genie automatically detected my connection, and asked me the MAC address. I put my PC's MAC Address and connected the Ethernet cable to the WAN plug in my N300. It automatically configured it, and now i'm using my Reliance BB via WiFi!

Status
Not open for further replies.