configuring modem to dial using a PPPoE Dialer

• Thread starter Thread starter vijay911
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 10,232

vijay911

Hello,My modem was configured by BSNL to connect automatically whenever I switch it on.I want to use a PPPoE dialer to connect. I know how to set up a new connection in the windows network connection wizard. But, I am not being able to figure out what settings should I change in my modem (192.168.1.1).Please tell me how to do this.Thank you.

Hello,My modem was configured by BSNL to connect automatically whenever I switch it on.I want to use a PPPoE dialer to connect. I know how to set up a new connection in the windows network connection wizard. But, I am not being able to figure out what settings should I change in my modem (192.168.1.1).Please tell me how to do this.Thank you.

there might be a little pin-hole at the back of the modem next to the power switch, thats the hard reset... do that .. then try again...if you cant figure it out, call your friendly neighbourhood bsnl tech guy

somebody suggested something in another thread u started hehealso, try to search the forum (and the net) for questions and answers before posting... dataone has been around for almost a year now... so lots of frustrated people with problems! heh 🙂

Just reset the modem/router from the back panel of modem mt882 or mt880.

resetting will take place when the modem restrated by your resetting action.

there is a hole in hte back panel of hte modem.

then the modem will restrated .

wait for 2 to 3 minutes to settle down the adsl link.
]
Then log-in .

P.R.BAROT
JTO- BSNL.

Last edited by a moderator:
pranavbarot78, what does JTO-BSNL mean?

Mr.Pranavbarot,

It does work. Thank you. Well just in case, if I want to revert back to automatic connection, could you tell me the proceedure. This would be useful, when I would be leaving my city, and my parents would be using the connection.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: