Configuring Internet connection on Vista home basic

• Thread starter Thread starter Bhavin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,525

Bhavin

ISP
BSNL
Guys, I recently installed windows vista home basic on my home PC but just not able to connect to the internet. Not very familiar with connection settings on vista. I have a BSNL broadband connection. This is working fine on my XP(Its a dual boot). I have tried lot of steps googling around, and while setting up the connection it would ask me for username, password provided by the ISP. Even after giving that, i am not able to setup the connection. Can please anyone help me out to do this?Also, I have a compaq presario V6608AU notebook which is preloaded with Vista. I installed XP on it and since then, it just picks up XP on boot and am not able to dual boot. Does anyone have a "tried and tested" setup or link to audio drivers for XP for this notebook model? I have tried most of the drivers which we can get through google search. But none of them works.F1 F1.cheers,bhavin

Step1.Go to filehippo.com - Download Free Software
filehippo.com Update Checker - filehippo.com

step2.Download the program drivers update.
step3 It will give you a complete list of the drivers you need with location/s.
step4 : update.
Para two :
For vista : start/network/Lan/properties/T/IP properties / Disable IPV6 . This has been suggested in forums. I don't have Vista.
Para three: ALWAYS MENTION MODEM MODEL ROUTER MODEL, IF ANY USED.

Hey thanks. I shall try this URL. I guess for the presario V6608AU model, compaq/HP do not support XP. I shall give it a shot. I was successfully able to connect to the Internet from Vista.. yippee :yahoo:I just disabled the network and provided the IPv4 address, subnet mask and gateway which i was using on XP. Any more information to get the drivers for V6608AU model of presario notebook running windows XP would be great.Thanks a ton in advance. cheers,bhavin

drivers for V6608AU model of presario notebook running XP

Drivers for what ? audio/video/printer etc Give full details as seen in Filehippo report.

Hey thanks. I shall try this URL. I guess for the presario V6608AU model, compaq/HP do not support XP. I shall give it a shot.

I was successfully able to connect to the Internet from Vista.. yippee :yahoo:I just disabled the network and provided the IPv4 address, subnet mask and gateway which i was using on XP.

Any more information to get the drivers for V6608AU model of presario notebook running windows XP would be great.
Thanks a ton in advance.

cheers,
bhavin

Dude, i have the same laptop Compaq V6608Au preloaded with windows vista home basic, can please give the instructions to install bsnl dataone utstar modem on it,,please!

Disabling ipv6 will solve ur problems. I am on Vista ultimate and i would suggest u to avoid PPPOE dialer connection and instead, use the PPPOE setup in the router itself .
And for dual boot, u have to use third party boot editors from vista . Vista dont support the traditional boot loader type booting. So you have to add additional boot options from Vista boot menu.

I use Vista Boot pro..

Check here : PROnet Developed Software