• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 21,105
Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahoney

ISP
tata indicom
hi all , this is my first post , I am using tata indicom 512 unlimited plan with a static IP.Something like ip: 121.xx.xx.5xsubnet:255.255.255.224I have to connect 3 comuters through it. Two through Wifi and one through wire. So plugging into the lan port instead of WAN doesnt work for me.I wish to configure my new D-Link DIR-300 wireless router. I am able to connect my laptop wirelessly but Internet is still not working. It shows internet online in the router config. Still no internet.I have a direct wire which i plug in to use internet, No external ADSL router or something. i tried various settings but nothing has worked until now. I am not able to connect to internet directly through the router. Please let me know if anyone out there has some solution. Any kind of help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

please let me know if you need other information. But I am still stuck with the configuration. It would be great if some one has some suggestion or something that might click.

(after 70 hits no response )
Connect to Internet and post IPconfig/all. with D-Link connected.
Presume it is cable BB service without any modem at customer's home.

I am using BSNl and not familiar with TataIndicom.
One option will be use another LAN card in the Desktop computer and connect to one laptop..
LAN | Hardware Secrets

If it works change the RJ45 to Dlink and try WIFI.
I have to clone the MAC address though
later after I understand this !
For reference : connected thread.
https://broadband.forum/tata-indicom-broadband/13059-wifi-tata-indicom/

no no , thing is even internet is not working when the router is connected through wire to the desktop. And yes I am having a cable BB without any modem at home. BTW can it be a firmware problem. I don't see that happening. In that case I can try switching to an older firmware version.Any other suggestions.P.S: I have gone through every thread related to tata indicom and wireless routers in the forum.

INFO available : Tata 512 unlimited plan : static IP :No modem :Unable to use router.D-Link dir-300Connect TataBB cable direct to desktop computer.Start run type cmd type ipconfig/all. give details here .You can blank your static IP if shown. 121.45.xx.xxYour subnet mask is suspect. What is the DNS provided ?Are you getting the BB connection from a cable dealer through 24 client ? or directly from TATA ? Any install instructions given to you ? Do you dial the connection ? with ID and Password ?

ip address: 121.243.xx.xxsubnet mask:255.255.255.224default gateway: 121.243.202.49dns: 172.31.6.5 203.197.12.30i think its a connection through citi cable, i dont dial anything its just a web login page , i enter my username and password there like loginbom. something somethingthey have installed a swtich at the top of the building and the wire is coming through that onlyi hope that answers most of the things

INFO available : Tata 512 unlimited plan : static IP :No modem :Unable to use router.D-Link dir-300

ip address: 121.243.xx.xx ( * customer)
subnet mask:255.255.255.224
default gateway: 121.243.202.49 (*vsnl)
dns: 172.31.6.5 (* private)
203.197.12.30(*vsnl)
i think its a connection through citi cable,
Option 1 :
Tell cablewallah that you need to use your laptop. in WIFI mode.
Option 2 : Obtain IP address automatically.
Change first DNS to 208.67.220.220 9 CHECK SURFING.` Any change ? speed etc )
Option 3. ( note present readings ) change default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and try.
If no effect restore original settings.

Para two : From the switch the cable is Rj11 ( like telephone ) or Rj45 to computer ethernet port ??
In ipconfig/all the ethernet card details you use also will be listed.
Para three :I am able to connect my laptop wirelessly but Internet is still not working. It shows internet online in the router config. Still no internet.
Post Ipconfig/all of laptop also.

Hi,

I configured WiFi on my laptop just yesterday with the same router (DIR-300) and connection (Infinity 512). Here's what you need to do -

* Power up the router and stick an ethernet cable into one of the LAN points (other end goes to your computer)

* Point your browser to http://192.168.0.1/ (i.e. the router)

* Default login / password is admin / (blank) (you can change it after that)

* Go to manual config - select the 'Static IP' option and put in your connection details (IP, Subnet, DNS)

* Change the network name if you want to do so (default is: D-Link)

* Go to the security settings and select WEP / WPA / WPA2 (I used the last one)

* Remove the ethernet cable from router and laptop and stick the Tata Indicom one into the Internet port on the router.

* Configure the wireless network connection in your OS. Done! When you try to go to a webpage the first time around you will get the Tata Indicom web dialer page - login and you get redirected to the actual page.

Note: I haven't checked if this works with multiple WiFi connections though - probably won't if Tata Indicom doesn't support concurrent logins. If you need to do so, you will need to setup a proxy on one of the machines - but that's probably a different thread altogether.

Regards,
Yogesh

Status
Not open for further replies.