Configuring DataOne on Airtel220bx

• Thread starter Thread starter arindam_b
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,319

arindam_b

ISP
BSNL
Hi Friends,Can anyone show me detailed step including screenshots may be, to configure and use 220BX modem for BSNL?I have all the settings and help from essbebe, but my problem is the Line LED is blinking and mostly not glowing at all. I have heard that if properly configured, It should stay solid amber.I have tried all the config, and presently using USB mode.Can anyone say whether I would troubleshoot my modem or my filter?I had borrowed my friends BSNL modem and it worked fine with my line and computer.

Dataone beetel 28th sept screen shot for forum

0717 PM Sorry correction here ; This is for Airtel !

Because of his query ,Now I use ONLY
Beetel220BXAdsl2+modem for both
Dataone and Airtel.
Change only the RJ11 (ADSL line ) from ISP's splitter/s.

Para two : this is for Dataone

Beetel 220Bx+adsl2+modem for Dataone screenshot

Delay for screenshot due to power failure.

All you really need to do for any DSL modem to work with any ISP is assign it the correct VPI and VCI value.

Dear Karan and essbebe,Done all the things. I have bought a new splitter and checked with it also. I have narrowed down the prob to the modem. I think the modem is faulty. I will get a new modem tomorrow (tata indicom one). I will check with that. But I remember that I did not have any indicom phone, so I was having only the modem! Now I doubt whether it was a ADSL modem!Lets see... I will post my experience here!

Finally Got connected! :yahoo:My Tata Indicom modem has arrived. Model number is x8821r+. Its of Xavi Technologies, Taiwan. White colored... not much of an eye candy! I was not very much moved to have this modem! But it did the trick! I connected it with LAN, because it does not have an USB port to connect! WAN LED glew continuously and I knew the wotk is done. Set up the VCI and DNS. Passed the uname and pwd. rebooted and Lo! I was able to ping google!:thumbsup:But one thing still bothers me is when my internet is ON, my phone is totally dead! There is no ring tone and when I call my land number, I hear the ring though my mobile, but the phone does not sound. Its false ringing!!Does anyone else have this problem?Anyway, after solving this problem, I can advice those users who are using any ADSL2+ modem to connect any broadband service... Check for all the LEDs are glowing.. look into your modem manual and last but not the least............. See the log generated by the modem! It is often helpful to narrow down the problem and ask particular questions to the knowledgeable ppl. As for Airtel 220bx, I can advice to check the Link LED.. whether it is glowing or not. If it is not glowing then either your ph line does not have internet connection enabled or you modem is faulty. If you can arrange for another modem to check for the internet connectivity.. it will be better... before you jump for buying a new one.. 🙂