Configuring a Cisco E900 router with You braodband

shrikanthsy

ISP
bsnl
Hi Guys. I am shrikanth from bangalore. I have been trying very hard to configure my Cisco e900 router with you broadband but i havent been lucky yet. I tried couple of methods like duplicating the Mac address if my system and i also tried entering the PPPoe settings on my router it self. but still i am not able to configure it. I am using a Mac with the latest IOSX. Can some one please help me?

What is the error you are getting? Screenshots will help. How are you normally connecting when not using this E900 router?

Hi Shrikanth
Iam also from bangalore....You broadband how is it in Bangalore?which plan do u use...please advise if any downtime...

shrikanthsy said:
Hi Guys. I am shrikanth from bangalore. I have been trying very hard to configure my Cisco e900 router with you broadband but i havent been lucky yet. I tried couple of methods like duplicating the Mac address if my system and i also tried entering the PPPoe settings on my router it self. but still i am not able to configure it. I am using a Mac with the latest IOSX. Can some one please help me?
E900 is a Wireless Router and is infact from Linksys rather than the mainstream Cisco. There might be Mac Address Limitation on You Backend which does not enable a non you router to register. If you have done mac cloning and still you are unable to use then there are some steps which you need to follow to troubleshoot the same.
1. Remove the Router, Connect the Cat5 directly to your computer .
2. Download RASPPPOE ( not windows PPPoE ) and install the driver.
3. Scan for Concentrator Services, If you find any then create a connection.
4. Put Username / Password and try to connect.
If this connects then there is no Mac Limitation , If it fails change the mac address of your computer and try again. It should work.
If the above steps works then there is definitely something wrong which you are doing while configuring your E900 Router.