Configure wifi router

• Thread starter Thread starter skull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 7,343

skull

ISP
BSNL,Airtel
I have airtel beetel 220bx Adsl2 cable modem which connect to my pc through lan but now i want connect to my laptop too through wifi but i don't know how,i am going to buy Netgear wifi router but what after it,i put beetel modem's lan cable in wifi router then how should i connect internet to my pc as it dosn't have wifi ,i didn't how to do this plz friend tell how to get one pc through lan and other through wifi ,i didn't want to but wifi modem from airtel (as they dump there own setting in modem).And if possibel aslo which wifi router will be good and affordable.

Most wifi routers come with 4 lan ports so that should take care of ur requirements. Linksys, Netgear and Buffalo are 3 well known brands that come to mind. Many folks recommend Linksys though.

Airtel does not charge monthly rent or allow outright purchase.You may be asked to pay Non refundable deposit additional Rs 500/=Get the 450BX wireless router from them, and setting up for LAN is same as for 220BX.You could save present settings of 220Bx to your hard disk.Website link with screen shots for setting up similar router available ( pages same ).Call CC and say you need to use a laptop in the house.

essbebe i alreay hve 220bx modem and i don't want to purchase a wifi router not from airtel so i can use then irrespective of isp

how should i connect internet to my pc as it dosn't have wifi
You have to buy a wireless LAN card , which has to be installed in a PCI slot in your desktop. A small antenna
will project outside the PC cabinet in the rear. Cost Realtek
approx Rs 1000/=

The rj45 from beetel20BX will be connected to the WAN/Internet Port of the wifi router. From wifi router, connect another RJ45 from LAN1/ or 2/ o 3 or 4 to desktop
computer's ethernet port.

i don't want to purchase a wifi router not from airtel...

ANY ADSL modem or wifi router will work for all Indian ISP's.
Even if you want to BUY WIFI model from Airtel, I think they will/may not sell it.
I am using latest 110BX1 ( replaced free by Airtel) for BSNL and Airtel ISP's.

Of course choice is yours. If you want the best WIFI
router ( approx cost Rs 1500 to Rs 3000) with good range BUFFALO routers are recommended. DATA signals have to pass through Beetel 220BX Modem any way. !
To avoid this you have to
buy a 3-in One model ADSLMODEM+ROUTER + WIFI.
( cost around Rs Rs 4000 to Rs 5000/=)

My Part (): Setting NETGEAR Wireless Router WGR614v7 for BSNL broadband

hi friends,i was using Linksys Wag200g with my bsnl connection, now i want to use it with my airtel connection, i changed the VPI / VCI to 1 / 32 and changed the user name & password from bsnl to airtel`s, the DSL light is green in the gateway but not able to access internet in any of my system 🙁but when i set the computer to obtain IP & DNS automatically it taking some time to connect to net but working fine.did i missed something ?Any help Highly appreciated... ... (im using 1-workstation in wired mode, 1-workstation in wirless mode & laptop in wireless mode & all system is part of my render-farm so i will avoid any change of local IP as long as possible, ip address set in all system is ranging from 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.110, DHCP set in gateway to start from 192.168.1.100 & number of servers to 10.)earlier some step by step guide was floating in this forum about configuring airtel connection.. im not able to search it, is someone remembered the url please let me know (it was for beetel bx200).

@netant
For Beetel220BX AIrtel ISP
VPI/VCI 1 and 32
DNS you may use OpenDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.
Rest if worked for BSNL may not need changes.
follow this link for NON WIFI settings.
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL
or
Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem

Para two:
AS WAG200 is adsl modem+router + WIFI
(Beetel modem not required. Use it for Desktop
to maintain internet connection and test purposes/.
Then add to this Linksys LAN1 port.)

For WAG200:Basic Setup interactive link.
For normal settings. &for wireless
select/click menu items and cross check default values.
feedback.

IN desktop computer and laptops
TCP/IP properties. Obtain IP address automatically
preferred. TRY Channel 11 or 6 for wireless.

thanks essbebe :thumb:,i later came to know that the person came from airtel .. installed some application and did lot of unwanted things in my absence, so i used system restore to revert back & everything worked flawlessly, except my anitivirus license got expired prematurely, which i again had to asked for the re-issue 🙂

Oh thanks for advise now i will never trust them,why didn't u compliant Airtel.😡