• Thread starter Thread starter onlytest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,675

onlytest

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Freedom 800 Combo
hi, i finally managed to use opendns.com's dns for my broadband connection with zxdsl 831AII modem, i think it is not possible to configure Modem itself to use open dsn or other custom dns, with present firmware. there are provision but all are disabled, i tried everything to enable these settings, but no success so far.

well if anyone is using bridge mode (dialup like) to connect internt at home, opendns or other custom dns can be used without going in modem configuration pages.

how?

1. go to control panel, go to network connection then right click your broadband dialup icon.

2. In broadband connection properties go to networking tab, then click internet protocol, and click properties

3. check use the following dns servers, and then enter custom dns servers.

then reboot your system.

it will work with all broadband bridge connections. SEE THIS

before:

after:

can be found here

foribb: opendns servers settings in bridge mode

@onlytest .
Firmware for ZXdsl831AII
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK for Port forwarding etc. Could be in Russian. WAIT.
SORRY. It is user manual.

according to its usermanual, one can save firmware to disk for backup purpose, but only one option (to update firmware) is there. it seems there aresome other user logins with which some hidden settings can be accessed, i saw this type of user setting earlier with other equipments, like admin, expert level1, level2, level3. 3 different admin logins are in my office systems where i work.i can login in modem configration settings with admin:admin and root:root user and pass, so there may be some other user level to access settings.