Configure Netgear DG834G for BSNL Dataone

• Thread starter Thread starter guru_bv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8,875

guru_bv

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I am trying to configure my wireless router Netgear DG834G for my new BSNL connection. My settings are as follows:-* Login required : Yes* Encapsulation : PPPoE* Login : * Password : * Idle Timeout (In Minutes) : 0* Internet IP Address : Get Dynamically From ISP* DNS Address : Get Dynamically From ISP* NAT : Enable* Multiplexing Method : LLC-Based* VPI : 0* VCI : 35* DSL Mode : AutoWithe the above configuration, I see the following logs:-Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:26 - Initialize LCP.Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - LCP is allowed to come up.Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - CHAP authentication failedSun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - LCP down.Can someone please let me know what has to be done to fix this?Regards,Guru

Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:26 - Initialize LCP.
Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - LCP is allowed to come up.
Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - CHAP authentication failed
Sun, 2002-09-08 12:00:32 - LCP down.

Authentication Failed !
so, check your username/password !

it is not the 14 digit

that normally same as bsnl email id !

but just the username ! password normally is password

try again.. seems username/password issue !

I am sure that username / password is not the issue, as I am able to logon to mail.bsnl.in with the same username / password.And yes, I have given the username without @bsnl.in@ Appus, are you using DG834G for BSNL?

I am sure that username / password is not the issue, as I am able to logon to mail.bsnl.in with the same username / password.

And yes, I have given the username without @bsnl.in

@ Appus, are you using DG834G for BSNL?

no, i am not using that model

mail.bsnl.in password & router passwords are different !

say, i use appus_XXXX@bsnl.in for email and appus_xxxx as username !

but password both seems different !

Do onething,

Go to bbservice.bsnl.in and login with your 14 digit username/password

Try changing the router password (you got to enter only new password) !

And try using the new password and try again !

Default password is password itself ! are you using that ? if not, just use password as 'password' and try ! Email password and broadband userid passwords are different !

Update once you have done that !

@ Appus, I tried logging in to bbservice.bsnl.in with the username / password. To my surprise the login failed. I get the msg saying "Invalid Username or Password Please Try Again". So now I doubt if my username / password is valid.

In your previous reply you say 14 digit username. What do you mean by that?

Regards,
Guru

suppose your name given as guruprasad(example)

normally login would be like gur34501082008 (three alphabets of your name followed by 3 number(random?) and the date/month/year ) (Normally it is 14 digits, dont know whether it is changed now)

that is the username for logging into the portal bbservice.bsnl.in. Once you login, you can see the username for broadband !

User ID for broadband is different than portal ID.

User ID -> Username which you have to put in the router
Email ID => Looks same like username, but with @bsnl.in
Portal ID=> Username which you need to check your account usage

Once you login with Portal ID, you can see the UserID there. You can reset the password aswell ! (have you got any 14 digit userid ?)

reply incase of doubts ! you can call the toll free no. to clarify doubts as well...

I called up the dataone cust care and got my 14 digit portal ID. I logged into bbservice.bsnl.in and changed the broadband password. Then configured the router with the new password. But again the same result "LCP Down. CHAP Authentication failed".I don't understand what this LCP and CHAP are 🙁

What the customer care people are saying ? did you ask the customer care people? tell them and see their response? which part of Bangalore you belong to ? If it is near to me, you can take my bsnl router and check @ your place. Or you can bring your router and check with my username/password @ my place. 🙂

@appus : The cust care washed off their hands saying they cant support modem's which aren't issued by BSNL 😡I leave in Kavalbyrasandra (Near RT Nagar). Thats really nice of you to offer this help for me. Let me know where you are put up. We could try either of the options that you have suggested.Regards,Guru@ essbebe : I have the same setup as mentioned in the link above. Infact I have mentioned my settings in the start of the thread.Regards,Guru