configure BSNL Broadband 750UL for multiuse

• Thread starter Thread starter satvansh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,414

satvansh

ISP
dataone
I would like to know how to configure BSNL Broadband connection 256 KBPS 900UL for desktop and Laptop (i.e. I want to use both Desktop and Laptop simultaneously). Using Dynamic IP, ADSL Modem Type Sterlite MT 882, and use dial-up screen to connect.Following is LAN ConfigIP Address : 192.168.1.2subnet mask : 255.255.255.0default gateway : 192.168.1.1preferred DNS server : 202.56.224.153alternate dns server : 202.56.230.6I have tried various combinations for past 1 week without any success.So desperately in need of help.

@/member/satvansh/ modem Huawei AXMT882.
1. Try usbport for desktop and lanport for laptop.
2. Enable DHCP and select range 192.168.1.2. to say 192.168.1.25.
3. IP 192.168.1.2 usually reserved for USB Ip address of modem.
4. In TCP/IP properties select Obtain IP address automatically.
5. Download USB drivers from WIKI page in this forum. download to say c :/AxMt882.
follow usual procedure for Windows to detect New hardware and then load drivers.
6. You can buy a router ( usually having 4 LAN ports)
or a wireless router having additional Wireless connectivity.
or try hubs and switches.
7. If modem is on rent approach BSNL for a type IV modem/router.

thanks essbebe, I forgot to mention I have D-Link ethernet hub 10base-T (one Uplink + 8 points for LAN). Is it possible to connect router to ethernet Hub and connect PC and LAPTOP to ethernet hub. In that case what would be the LAN settings and ADSL configurations.

Is it possible to connect router to ethernet Hub and connect PC and LAPTOP to ethernet hub. In that case what would be the LAN settings and ADSL configurations.

yes, you can use the hub....

Enable DHCP and pppoe mode

Just login to 192.168.1.1, and configure in pppoe mode (username/password will be stored in modem). So it dials automatically..

Connect the cable from modem to PC and check whether it connects automatically. it should. If yes, Connect the cable from modem to hub.. That is it

thanx it worked like magic, that was what I wanted.
things i did for getting it :
i) enabled DHCP in router
ii) checked whether DHCP is enabled in LAN configuration(if not enable it)
iii) enabled PPP-PPOE settings in router with login and password
iv) do not use dialup on desktop
v) only one icon in notification are will displayed for LAN as router connects to internet automatically
... and I got it.
Just wanted to make it clear for those searching in similar lines
And thanx to appus & essbebe for helping me out. keep up good work