Configure Adsl Utstarcom Wa3002G4 as a switch

• Thread starter Thread starter nick01675
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 23,258

nick01675

ISP
ACT
Hey Guys!!I have changed my Broadband connection to ACT from BSNL. I was planning to configure ADSL router (UTSTARCOM Wa3002G4) as a switch. ACT broadband provides dynamic IP , a RJ45 cable which is connected to the laptop directly. When we start browsing we get redirected to ACT login page and need to login inorder to browse.I was planning to connect the RJ45 to one of the LAN port (wa3002g4 has 4 LAN) and use it as a switch( use the wifi ).But i'm unable to connect, im having limited access.I read lot of threads here, people had the same issue and they could resolve, i followed all the steps taken like disable the DHCP all that.Can anyone help me out in this.. Is there anything to do with NAT?

Apparently, you cannot use ADSL modem with this broadband. You need to get one, A Normal broadband router which has RJ45 WAN.

i had succeeded in doing the same.first connect your modem to laptop/pc via data cable.open 192.168.1.1 in your browser.enter user name(admin) and password(default - admin).select quick start option.Then click run wizard.click next next next upto "select the internet connection type to connect to your isp".There select dynamic ip address.click next next next and exit.thats it.now remove the lan cable from both pc and router.now insert act cable to router and your wifi is ready to connect.

i had succeeded in doing the same.first connect your modem to laptop/pc via data cable.open 192.168.1.1 in your browser.enter user name(admin) and password(default - admin).select quick start option.Then click run wizard.click next next next upto "select the internet connection type to connect to your isp".There select dynamic ip address.click next next next and exit.thats it.now remove the lan cable from both pc and router.now insert act cable to router and your wifi is ready to connect.

Shit... I just sold my BSNL router (SAME MODEL) for 1K and bought an Asus RT N13U B1 for 3K... just coz I was switching over to ACT... I asked even the ACT guys... but they said it'll not work... SHIT da... I wasted 2K.

bstolia said:
Shit... I just sold my BSNL router (SAME MODEL) for 1K and bought an Asus RT N13U B1 for 3K... just coz I was switching over to ACT... I asked even the ACT guys... but they said it'll not work... SHIT da... I wasted 2K.
Hi, Do ASUS RT N13U B1 work with ACT? I am planning to buy a wifi router for ACT. Please advise

eMan said:
Hi, Do Asus RT N13U B1 work with ACT? I am planning to buy a wifi router for ACT. Please advise
Yes, but now I barely use its main functionality. This ASUS router has a functionality that you can access data on a pen drive from anywhere with the Asus Login.As useful as it seems, I haven't been able to use its functionality. Also, the software didn't update as shown in various youtube videos. Also, the Wi-Fi Range I get is at par with my BASIC TP-Link router.

bstolia said:
Yes, but now I barely use its main functionality. This Asus router has a functionality that you can access data on a pen drive from anywhere with the Asus Login.As useful as it seems, I haven't been able to use its functionality. Also, the software didn't update as shown in various youtube videos. Also, the Wi-Fi Range I get is at par with my BASIC TP-Link router.
We need to login to act portal before using the net. Can we configure the same on the router, so that we dont have to login every time

Hi Vikas,

Firstly a big thank you for your write-up at Configure Adsl Utstarcom Wa3002G4 as a switch | ACT Fibernet | India Broadband Forum !

I tried your suggestion but couldn't find any options to 'select dynamic ip address' as suggested. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong... would like to have your comments...

In any case, it didn't work for me but could work for others 🙂

Thanks Again!

PS: There's another write up at Using BSNL wa3002g4 router as a WIFI switch for Tata wimax connection - Night Dreaming (by Sudar)!

Thought I’d let you and all the other folks here know that I just tried what's suggested there with ACT Broadband – UT Starcom WA3002G4 combo and it worked like a charm.

I’ve contacted the ACT Broadband guys to see if they can enable NAT to and see if that works and get multiple comps to access the net simultaneously.

Will update progress.

Thanks again!

i am using wa3002g4 as (stand-alone) wifi router with tikona(rj-45)
my utstarcom modem was not working, the problem is the ADSL modem part was damaged but remaining all are working,
i changed to tikona and configured the modem as follows. it worked....

1.) connect tikona or any broadband rj-45 pin to rj-45 (LAN 1) pin of modem.
2.) connect ur PC to any of the remaining 3 pins.
3.) open browser, enter 192.168.1.1 in addressbar and hit enter, username:admin password:admin
4.) goto management tab under settings goto restore default and click restore default settings.
5.)repeat step 3 and [optional] if u are using this modem from any other modem go to advanced setup tab then change ipaddress to 192.168.1.2(this will be default from now).
6.) goto management tab under save/reboot hit save/reboot.
7.) repeat step 3 and goto wireless tab under security configure ur password and repeat step 6.

now ur ready to go...

if it doesn't work reply here i'll post every config of modem screenshot here...

Hey Guys!!I have changed my Broadband connection to ACT from BSNL. I was planning to configure ADSL router (UTSTARCOM Wa3002G4) as a switch. ACT broadband provides dynamic IP , a RJ45 cable which is connected to the laptop directly. When we start browsing we get redirected to ACT login page and need to login inorder to browse.I was planning to connect the RJ45 to one of the LAN port (wa3002g4 has 4 LAN) and use it as a switch( use the wifi ).But i'm unable to connect, im having limited access.I read lot of threads here, people had the same issue and they could resolve, i followed all the steps taken like disable the DHCP all that.Can anyone help me out in this.. Is there anything to do with NAT?

Hi,

This is what worked for me with a UTSTARCOM Wa3002G4 modem, try it.
1. Disconnect the modem from the existing wi-fi network
2. Connect the computer/laptop to laptop using the LAN cable
3. Access modem, and restore(factory) default settings(it will reboot)
5. Create new SSID
6. Set up security protocols
7. Disable DHCP
8. Disconnect LAN cable
9. Reboot Modem
10. Access new wi-fi network go to the ACT broad band log-in page and log-in
11. In case you are able to access the wi-fi network but NOT able to access the ACT website as it happened for me(in all probability you will get a DNS server related error) do the following:
a) Click Start, type command prompt in the Search Programs and files box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
b) At the command prompt, type the following and enter after each command.
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
(I did all but I think what works is the 'ipconfig /renew' command)

You should be able to access the ACT log-in page now.
Thanks.