Configuration needed to connect Belkin N150 Wireless Modem-Router with ACT Fibrenet

Dear Members,

I have recently installed ACT fibrenet at my workplace and would like to use my previous Belkin N150 Wireless Modem- Router, which is a few months old, as my WIFI router. But the problem is , it has one ADSL port(where the RJ45 Act Fibrenet will not fit) and four LAN port. I came to know that various other similiar brand routers allow us to use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port.

Please help me in layman's term as how to go about connecting my act fibrenet RJ45 directly to my router to make it WIFI accessible. Currently i can use the net only through my laptop by directly connecting in the laptop lan port.

The ACT fibrenet also comes with a Username and password and everytime i start my laptop i have to
provide information of them to connect again.So if there is a way to bypass them in this router also would
be of great help

Router : Belkin N150 Wireless Modem-Router
Model : F9J1001v1
It comes with one ADSL port(RJ11 jack can fit only) and four LAN ports (RJ45 jack can fit in)

Net Connection : ACT Fibrenet with one RJ45 socket and comes with a Username and Password for every login

Windows OS : Windows 7

Dear Valued Customer,

Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

I have never used a Belkin so I am not sure if it will work. I know for a fact that what you're asking for is possible in all Netgear routers. The Netgear steps are below. Check if similar options are available in Belkin.

1. Reset the modem/router by pressing the pin at the back.
2. Connect your ACT Ethernet cable to LAN port 4.
3. Connect a PC to any of the other LAN ports
4. Open the modem home page. (192.168.x.x or whatever the address is for Belkin)
5. Open Advanced setup and select WAN setup under it.
6. Under WAN preference, select "Ethernet WAN"
7. Select Port 4 underneath that option and set it to WAN.
9. Go to Internet Setup and enter your user ID and password. Select PPPOE in connection.
10. Apply all and restart. WAN light should glow if everything went okay.

Good luck.