Configuration for VOIP/SIP calls( using Zoiper/GS Wave) on Huawei ONT and TP Link Router.

• Thread starter Thread starter AARON NASH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 29,602
First, I want to thank @varkey for this ONT(HG8120C).

This configuration thread is mainly for Huawei ONT with TP-Link routers.

For configuring other ONT brands like DBC, Syrotech, Netlink and for more details you can view @sloj's thread -FTTH VOIP SIP Softphone configuration with ONT/ONU. (Now works on some more apps) | BSNL Bharat Fiber Broadband

Configuration for Ont and Router

For configuring you need to get the following details from Bsnl/LCO.

• For Internet
  1. VLAN ID
  2. Username
  3. Password

• For VOIP(static)
  1. VLAN ID
  2. IP Address
  3. Subnet Mask
  4. Default Gateway
  5. Primary DNS Server
  6. Secondary DNS Server

• FOR SIP ACCOUNT
  1. Regist/Auth User Name- 91<stdcode><telphone number>
  2. Password- 0000 or last four digits of the telephone number
  3. Sip Server- 10.187.6.12 (kerala)

1.Create a wan profile for internet using the credentials provided by Bsnl. ( Wan - WAN Configuration - click on NEW)

wLrZVYy.webp

2. Create another wan profile for VOIP-Internet.

RCj0pIA.webp

3. Configure VoIP details. ( Voice - VoIP Basic Configuration)

AlpT4c1.webp

S0TDHqW.webp

4. Check the status of Wan profiles and VOIP. ( Status - WAN Information - VoIP Information)

fIY8unm.webp

Uoaz5Uy.webp

5. Enable SIP. ( Network Application - ALG Configuration)

ugmNjdh.webp

6. To ping the sip server, we have to create a Static Route. ( Route - Static Route Configuration - Click on new )

Note- 1. Gateway is the same Default Gateway asked in Voip wan profile.

2. Do not enable Default Route.

osLdU11.webp

WOJtDR7.webp

Go to Routing Table, to check the new Static route.

JBAPhyR.webp

7. Ping Sip Server using Ping Test from Ont. ( System Tools - Maintenance)

cMVwDlr.webp

8. Log in to your TP-link router ( archer c6) and enable Sip. ( Advanced - Nat Forwarding - ALG)

ccR7vZV.webp

Note - Those who have D-Link routers might have to disable sip in order ping the sip server- Why won’t my VoIP device work with my router?

9. Ping Sip server from your PC/Laptop.

gHLDG0h.webp

Configuring Zoiper 5 on PC/Laptop using Windows 10.

1. Add Username/login - 91<stdcode><telphone number>

Password - 0000 or last four digits of the telephone number

hjeQxnO.webp

2. Add Sip server, port no and also add outbound proxy( same as sip server).

OTcHmsq.webp

xg5rETI.webp

3. After testing configuration, choose UDP even when TCP is found.

N3AZexo.webp

KigIGzj.webp

4. Try calling a number and do the following

C5kPb2s.webp

W8DfkmN.webp

Note - 403 error or one-way audio error mainly occurs when network is changed from wireless to wired or to another wireless network( Range Extender) or due to double nat. My connection is stable when I am not switching between wired/wireless networks. Do the following to solve it every time you switch network or when you encounter some errors.

rZQKEnC.webp

5. Try calling a number again.

EHR9tMz.webp

Configuring GS Wave app on android. ( you can also configure Zoiper app too )

1. Adding an account. ( Settings - Account Settings - Click on + - Sip Account - fill the details)

2f0khbC.webp

oFpmrHU.webp

kprbMb7.webp

2. Check, If the account is registered or not.

OB6k3Uo.webp

3. Add outbound proxy. (Settings - Account Settings - Tel no - Network Settings - Outbound proxy)

gxMym9y.webp

4. Connection mode - wifi. (Settings - Advance Settings - Network Settings - Network - Check wifi only)

N4MYGCD.webp

WOyialX.webp

5. Try calling a number.

FyBJyNX.webp

6. If the abovesaid 403 error occurs, just deactivate-activate the account again.

CCTUEEL.webp

Sorry for the long thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when you don't enable SIP?

No, I am using router mode. And Nat is also enabled on the router but Nat boost is disabled because I want to use QoS and Traffic Statistics.

mdIoOKu.webp

tDxuxB7.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to search what NAT boost is. What I simply wanted to know if you have DHCP enabled on router too.

Yes, DHCP is enabled on the router as well as on ONT too. But my ONT only supports connection through LAN ports because it does not support wireless connections. And the router's WAN port is connected to the LAN port of ONT. So the ONT only assigns IPs through LAN ports.

Okay so you are in a double NAT setup but have you tried assigning a fixed IP to the router and disable DHCP on it. Configuring like this will remove the need for enabling SIP on router possibly. Just want to know if that works. And you will still be able to use QOS.

Not reserve as much as simply start DHCP addresses from, lets say 192.168.1.3 instead of 2(assigned to router). DHCP enabled on ONT, disabled on router.

New devices are not connecting to the wireless network after disabling DHCP on the router because the IP Address pool of the ONT is 192.168.100.2-200 and IP Address pool of the router is 192.168.0.2-200. But then I reserved my laptop's IP in Address pool of the router. Zoiper is still working after disabling DHCP after unregistering-registering the account again. But when I disable Sip the one-way audio error occurs.

So set the ONT pool to 192.168.100.3-200 and since DHCP is disabled on router (assuming 192.168.100.2) the rest of the devices connecting via router should get IP via ONT DHCP.

IP Address pool of the ONT is 192.168.100.2-200 and IP Address pool of the router is 192.168.0.2-200
Changed IP address pool of ONT from 192.168.100.5-200 because the router is on 192.168.100.4. Still not able to connect new devices to the wireless network and also not able to change address pool of the router to the pool of ONT because router shows an error that wan IP and Lan IP cannot be in the same subnet.

Do you want to change the router as a wired access point? Then I will not be able to use the QoS feature of router and the QOS feature of the ONT is not that good.