• Thread starter Thread starter nayakrnr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,918

nayakrnr

Regular
ISP
airtel 128k UL
comparing the prices of a computer and a high end mobile phone, is the price of mobile phones justified??we can get a decent computer for 20000 bucks which includes monitors, mb, processor, ram, hdd, cd-drive etc.., which can do lot lot more things than what a mobile phone can do at the same price.. also, considering that the production cost and materials used in computers are much more than mobile phones, why do you think mobile phones are so costly..??

umm. mobiles are costly coz they have to squeeze in a lot of stuff in too little space. you can buy a 2MP camera phone for around 10K in india. try finding just a webcam for your computer for that price with similar capabilities. if you want to compare the two, compare with laptops. compare with the smallest Sony VAIO. those cost around 2 lakh in the indian market. i think you would mind carrying a 5000 rupee mobile phone that is as big as your CPU.

No, I think he has a very valid point. In fact, I would take it a step further. Tandoori Chicken. Now one drumstick (leg-piece) of tandoori chicken in volume roughly matches the latest "slim" cell phones. Going by Rs. 100 for a 8-piece (not including neck) tandoori-chicken, one can say that roughly one leg-piece costs 1/8th of Rs. 100, i.e Rs. 12.50. (Assuming that the neck-piece is gratis).

How unjust can life be? My new Nokia E50 goes for around Rs. 10,000 street price, whereas I can pop over to Rajinder-da-dhaba and get the same volume of goodness in a leg-piece for only Rs. 12.50!!!

I think nayakrnr is well within reason in asking - "is the price of mobile phones justified??" In fact, I think he would be really enlightened if he went over to any phal-walla and bought some apples and oranges.

(Oh and to answer your question, nayakrnr, I think mobile phones are so costly because it's a 9/11 conspiracy).

A little doze of Alcohol & few pieces of tandoori chicken could do wonders to the mind. 😛 😀Now i know why this lad is mentioning tandoori chicken in every other topic!! With Navrataras going on he is forbidden to eat so hallucination of chicken everywhere :lol:

oh no. i had a beer today. needed it so bad. i forgot about the festival going on. 🙁

With Navrataras going on he is forbidden to eat so hallucination of chicken everywhere[/b]

lol

Hell no dude... even god doesn't come between me and my tandoori chicken (or me and my booze for that matter) 😉This is just the way I deal with the recent epidemic of stupidity on this forum.... or maybe "stupidity" isn't the right phrase I am looking for.. "irritating, senseless whining" perhaps fits the bill better.