Computer Hangs!

• Thread starter Thread starter vvivek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,271

vvivek

ISP
Airtel
i got a problem with my torrents. Been tryin azureus and uTorr, the same prob.----> the torrent seems to start fine, and then after a while, my computer hangs!! I have the 220bx beetel modem, with updated firmware. i installed RASPPPoE, which i believe solves the problem of port forwarding.

1. make sure you have the proper drivers for motherboard and other components. my PC used to hang with any intensive operation when the comp had some wrong drivers installed.2. also make sure you have enough space for the files and cache.3. download some RAM checking application and test RAM. could be the cause behind these hangs.

all drivers are updates. since i recently formatted my comp, i have ample of resources. still stuck with the problem. this only happens with torrent software, else everything works fine..........?????????

try another torrent software.. maybe bitcomet or bittorrent..try gettin an update for ur java on ur machine.. cuz.. azerus uses java n maybe thats whats causing the trouble..

Tell us more about ur pc configuration??If using xp then check the cpu & ram usage when torrent is switched on!!

ok heres the thing---->i found the pc hangs even when i play videos from youtube or myspace. seems only video sites are a problem.i called up tech support, the guy came and said since it works well in bridge mode & only hangs in routed mode --- *(but bridge mode enables NAT & Firewall, so p2p goes slow. thats useless!!), the prob is with pc. so now i need to know what the problem could be. since only routed mode uses pppoE, that could be the prob, then again i dont know much about this, so help is appreciated.....