• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,161

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I have Sony Vaio VGN-FW455J laptop .. and its battery is not even lasting 40mins ..So I am looking to buy a new one .. and probably a bigger one with better mAh .. Current one has 4400 mAh ..The current battery model is VGP-BPS13/S .. So I just wanna know if any 9cell sony vaio battery will be compatible with my laptop or I need to get this specific model only?Anyone have any idea wht 9 cell battery models will be compatible with my laptop?

Ask thr CC?? or call nearest service center.

I have the same problem .4 years back I bought in Hong Kong a Acer Travelmate Laptop.Now battery is zero. (5 min grace time to close your laptop properly!:Kill🙂Local Acer distributors/service agents have no idea of that battery no. Acer Hong Kong directs me to Acer India. Some speciality "replacement" battery makers have battery for all Acer (and other brands) India models.The model I need is available in USA ebay but Iwas trying to get it across the table here to no avail.( had it ben available in HK web sites , I would have ordered with more confidence.Rs 2500 battery if does not fit my laptop ,waste of money. when you get a decent netbook for Rs 11-12k, not worth pursuing .It is working very well as desk top laptop!:ac:But US Sony VIAO models have better chances of finding battery from US ebay or Sony USA web site.check your battery model no/part no and order with out hesitation. (9 cell might cost you say $100!!- min Rs 2500-3500 add min overseas postage to India$20-25)

hmm..let us update the backup time after 2 month...because I have replaced my HP Pavilion dv6200 battery with chinese one...backup time is around 70 minute..running Win7 32 bit, it cost me around 1000rs only.

my experience has been pretty bad. bought an unofficial battery for my old Dell inspiron. price of a 9 cell battery was half of what dell was charging for a 6 cell one... it does work. but as soon as start anything processor intensive (video conversion?) the system gives up and shuts down. i guess the battery is not capable of handling the load. i probably got a lemon.

One of my friend had a very bad experience using compatible battery for his HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop. After two - three months, one day the outside cover of the battery popped out and he was stunned to see all the cells inside have got inflated like a balloon. He was lucky that nothing bad happened.I strongly suggest to stay away from compatible batteries.

always a risky thing. i would have gone for the Dell's official battery if they had a 9 cell unit available. sadly they do not have 9 cell batteries for all their models. not going to buy anything dell 😀

One of my friend had a very bad experience using compatible battery for his HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop. After two - three months, one day the outside cover of the battery popped out and he was stunned to see all the cells inside have got inflated like a balloon. He was lucky that nothing bad happened.

I strongly suggest to stay away from compatible batteries.

One compatible charger once fried my working laptop 😡 and they sell 100 daily

It depends on the maker also .. A very cheap battery is obviously a risk .. But something from reputed buyer from ebay is fine .. I have used compatible battery for compaq also and its been 7-8 months now.. and is still working fine ..
Btw I am currently getting 5hrs backup on this 12 cell battery .. and previous one (the 6 cell one) was almost dead .. It was just giving 15-20mins backup and sometimes was shutting down even before running out ..

----------

always a risky thing. i would have gone for the Dell's official battery if they had a 9 cell unit available. sadly they do not have 9 cell batteries for all their models.

not going to buy anything dell 😀

Sony is one step ahead .. They have done something with BIOS which won't let u use compatible battery .. So u have to make some changes in BIOS to use compatible battery .. and availability of their original batteries in market is very rare and also very expensive .. The original 6cell battery 4400mah was around 11k.. and there was no 9 cell battery available ..

Sony is one step ahead .. They have done something with BIOS which won't let u use compatible battery .. So u have to make some changes in BIOS to use compatible battery .. and availability of their original batteries in market is very rare and also very expensive .. The original 6cell battery 4400mah was around 11k.. and there was no 9 cell battery available ..

Well if Sony is one step ahead, these battery manufacturers are one step ahead from Sony too. Whenever you buy battery for such Sony laptops having such protection, they also come with a CD which has a patch to bypass this protection. I've seen it myself.

Why bigger mAH with more cell batteries are not manufactured and supplied by companies itself..I dont understand. 🙁 Atleast we can avoid risk by paying more.

Exactly .. So we r basically left with no option except to go for these compatible ones ..@androidfreak .. Even I also got some cd along with the battery .. It tweaked the BIOS so tht compatible batteries can work ..

It depends on the maker also .. A very cheap battery is obviously a risk .. But something from reputed buyer from ebay is fine .. I have used compatible battery for compaq also and its been 7-8 months now.. and is still working fine ..
Btw I am currently getting 5hrs backup on this 12 cell battery .. and previous one (the 6 cell one) was almost dead .. It was just giving 15-20mins backup and sometimes was shutting down even before running out ..

----------

Woah 11k is quite steep... I recently got a quote of 8.5k for my MacBook pro battery from istore & I thought that was quite steep... But then again as far as I know MacBook pro' battery are quite good(7hr backup) so maybe that price is justified... I was only thinking of replacing my battery coz I am getting approx 3hrs of backup(which I thought was too low) & I was getting my trackpad replaced under bestbuy warranty & was trying to get them to cover my battery as well 😛 ... Anyway I guess the battery still has a year or so left in it...