Comparison: Reliance Jio vs Bsnl vs Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter xtc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 18,078
Wifi is meaningless on mobile, after all the point is to be able to get data anywhere.
The data has been bifurcated, to make a portion usable from hotspot only

The Airtel 1Gb day + 9Gb night is looking good now 😀

wifi is not meaningless if it is widely available. if jio ends up partnering with popular restaurants, give it on public transport and malls... you would not be required to use your lte data whenever you are in range of these hotspots. maybe they could expand it to corporate sector as well. until now, no operator has thought about establishing a widespread wireless hotspot across the country.

In that case give wifi as a separate plan don't add it to regular usage.
Let there be differentiation between lte data and wifi data

mmm. wifi is listed separately?

ifznoh.png

Wifi data is part of the plan 😛

If the wifi is made into a spearate plan, how many will take it?
Here it is being forced into the cost of the plan even though most may not use it

well they are hurting themselves. for most people who do not have access to their hotspots, the higher end plans would make zero sense so they would stick with lower end plans.

Why? I'm assuming that most people who care would be torrenting anyway.

Get like 4 sims, 4 old Airtel 4G modems, tether all of them to your computer and bond the connections. Your single stream will be 10Mbps or whatever each sim gets individually but anything that uses multiple connections will be able to utilise all 4 SIM connections at the same time for a theoretical max of 40Mbps since we used 10Mbps as the example.

I know I'm going to do that.

How do you tether and bond connections ? I mean which app ?

still confused, If 1GB will cost 50Rs. after exhaustion then whats the use of that 2000 and 5000 rupee plans ?

After exhaustion the cost won't be 1GB/50. They haven't released it but it would be significantly higher. 50 Rs/GB is only for packs and that too only when you include the wifi data. i.e For 400 plan 499/ (4+8) => 42Rs/GB

still confused, If 1GB will cost 50Rs. after exhaustion then whats the use of that 2000 and 5000 rupee plans ?

After exhaustion the cost won't be 1GB/50. They haven't released it but it would be significantly higher. 50 Rs/GB is only for packs and that too only when you include the wifi data. i.e For 400 plan 499/ (4+8) => 42Rs/GB

Ouch, the wifi data is worthless.
To use that 10GB which costs 600, I have to spend 300 on petrol, another 100-200 on parking and another 500 to the restaurant bill to be there for 2-3 hours.

All this is assuming I have 3 hours free, there are 100 other things to do with my precious 3 hrs, than going to a wifi hotspot for the sake of the 10Gb.

Some confusion here the website mentions that voice is totally free that is no call charges or data charges for voice calls and in the above attachment it is contradictory stating that data for voice calls will be charged or is the charge only for video calling