Comparison: Reliance Jio vs Bsnl vs Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter xtc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 18,079
Bsnl landline monthly landline rental cost is 150 + call charges + STD. Airtel landlines must have somewhat similar prices.
The basic Jio plan is 149 for UL calling and no STD, and the 303 plan effectively makes landline + broadband redundant.
How many customers will jump to Jio now that prices are known?
It's going to be a hard battle ahead for wireline players.

zero plans here to get rid of Airtel Landline. Congestion free. Extremely reliable.

I dumped my Bsnl landline. The phone was ok, but internet too unreliable for normal use.
Even if the internet was ok, I'm still paying almost 1000 for net + calls. Doesn't compare costwise.

I hope so that bsnl will now come with sensible plans like 150rs and unlimited calling to any no. On landlines and 2-3 Mbps as minimum speed on bb All this in below 1000rs.

More than 1 year ago, I said that Jio will target wireline users to meet their connection quota, and they have done exactly that. The plans of 150 and 300 are below the current prices of landline users.

Very doubtful if Bsnl can do much to stem the rot. Their landline and wireless user base is under threat now because the majority of users are in the under 30GB bracket.
Get 2 Jio sims, download 40GB every night for 600 pm. What more you want? :emoji_lollipop:

Before the end of this month lots of things are going to happen.
Only one thing is certain, the focus has shifted from wireline to wireless. :emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star:

Only one option bsnl has to launch truely unlimited wireline plans like excitel to became successful.

bsnl needs to introduce 10mbps+ plans without fup they are already providing 3g unlimited why not do the same for BB

Fancy plans aren't going to help BSNL if the line goes down every two hours. Up till a year ago, I was paying almost Rs. 3000 for a 16 Mbps, 80 GB connection that would necessarily go down every day especially if there was something important to be done. There are no other operators in this area. Had to pay around Rs. 1000 to Airtel for their 10 GB 3G plan.

Despite all that is wrong with Jio and the machinations they have planned for future, I at least have a connection that I can rely upon.

Maybe the situation at your location is bad but at least in my area BSNL is pretty good. Line going down happens for few hours at the most in a month if it does. Complaint on 198 is received the very next day and the line man comes to check that everything is okay. Sames goes for my BSNL exchange their attitude have changed and I have being getting satisfactory service from the wired BB.

@Citrus @HE-MAN mine BSNL bb has almost 99.5% uptime and if it goes down I simply complain on Twitter and they sort out any issue like billing or line dead,the very same day and also my modem shows that 18 Mbps can be acheived on my line. Hope so bsnl wakes up and bring new plans without fup.

Bsnl problems are due to ancient cables and they know it.
Each area has a certain number of good pairs in the cable, so if the number of connections given exceeds the number of good pairs then expect trouble..
And there is nothing anyone can do about it unless a new cable is laid.

At the local exchange the JTO can measure the line performance, they are well aware of the problem, but their hands are tied.

The only chance for them is wireless UL 3G plans.

Bsnl and Airtel stand to lose the most as the Jio prime prices are at par with landline rentals. :emoji_hot_pepper:
Some major surprises have to come out soon before their customers move to Jio. Normally Bsnl comes out with good stuff, lets see what happens.