• Thread starter Thread starter appus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9,409

appus

The Real
ISP
BSNL Broadband -Home 500C
😛Everyforum got comparison with BigTV.. Why not our own DishTV comparison?DishTV:Minimum Initial cost : 2190 (including installation charges 200)Minimum Monthly package :60RS (less FTA channels)Max monthly charge :350 ?BigTV:Initial cost :2450 (including installation)Minimum Monthly charge :100 RsMax Monthly charges : up to 475 What else ??I think, if you are not watching tv for most of the time, Dishtv still offers better than BigTV !!

please give channel comparisons and Audio/Video quality of BigTV.

Channels are fine. I think main thing to compare here is the video and audio quality. Because Dish has been so-so, in those fields.

Dish Tv :-

Video channels 188 - 6 MOD = 182 Tv channels
radio channels - 22
Min base pack - 60rs ( FTA Channels)
Max Pack - 300Rs Maxi (Including 1 regional pick)

BIG TV :-

Video Channels - 186 - 32 PPV = 154 Tv channels
radio channels - 10
Min Base pack - 100rs
Max pack - 475rs

as per above comparison DISH TV is clear winner.

Agreed dishtv is still clear winner here also with BIG TV. by offering better pricing and packaging and offer. Well guys based on my knowlwdge and the information available on their website and forums I have certain observations: 1. Till now they don't show 200 channels for their viewers , they only said that viewers will have choice from those 200 channels.(ie max of 158 channels including PPV Less then dishtv) 2. Pricing of their packages are also higher then dishtv, their minimum package is Rs.100 and if you want to see all channels then you have to pay upto Rs.450. 3. A-la-carte rates are also very high for all channels and the same is for their regional pick as well. 4. Offer rates were also copied from dishtv offer rates from last couple of months (with offered by dishtv). 5. Nothing exclusive which lure customer to their side. 6. Complete dissapointment from BIG TV offer and still believe very strongly that still dishtv is best value for our money. Big tv is also fooling customers by putting son many packages and by giving complimentary subscription free but after that you have to pay very hefty amount on bigtv for watching all channels. What say ????

At this point of time i wont give my thumps up to big tv comparing it to TS or Dish TV......as i feel that the package rates are higher than the Dish TV as well as TS. One more thing is that the reliability and their performance.......... One good thing about big tv is that they have come out with great offers and especially to South Indian.........:thumbsup:

well cost is 1 factor but quality is equally important.can someone please compare the quality of TS, big tv & dish tv

As far i am concerned i am happy with the picture quality of TS till date and i think only 3 - 4 channels the audio is not that great......... Regarding big tv i cant comment as i have not seen it...... Regarding Dish TV also i cant comment as i have not used it.......

I thought of shifting my parents from Dish to Big TV... but Big TV doesn't have Turner Classic Movies and MGM - the two channels that my father watches all the time.So I guess they'll have to be content with Dish TV for the time being.

Dishtv is the clear winner...butlook at the clarity of dish and big...bigtv is a way aheaddishtv has worst customercare.....

i guess big tv is ahead with MPGE 4 that is latest technology .. i heard dish tv is upgrading with the same .. so lets wait and watch

dishtv has worst customercare.....

They have improved a lot !

see bigtv forum for their customer care.. that is worse than dishtv !

At the moment the clear winner in the DTH space with initial cost, monthly cost and channel packaging is Dish TV Only. It makes more sense for a customer with regional channel content like Tamil, Telugu or Kannada to go for Dish TV. I had seen this message from dealers when I picked a TV they were suggesting to another customer who was looking for DTH, "Go for TS only when you need all hindi channels or else go for Dish TV for better regional content along with other required channels" Big TV yet to be put under review by more customers, then only we would know about its pit falls. At the moment their pricing is not at all attractive as a new DTH company. I expected them to make some real good offers like what Sun DTH made. As far as the audio/video quality I don't think there's any notable difference in any DTH service except for DD Direct+. MPEG4 is only a compression technology and not a technology which is going to give HD clarity.