• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 16,426
U

urpradhan

Regulars
ISP
BSNL-Home 500C
I think better give us a comparision between Airtel DTH, Dush TV, Tata Sky and Sun DTH

I browsed the packages of both Dish and Airtel. But Airtel have advantage of quality channels (not phaltu channels) and combo remote. And Dish Tv has many channel which are part of DDDirect+. In basic packages of both Dish TV does not hav many english news channels, Discovery, NG, etc ...

S

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
I think better give us a comparision between Airtel DTH, Dush TV, Tata Sky and Sun DTH

I browsed the packages of both Dish and Airtel. But Airtel have advantage of quality channels (not phaltu channels) and combo remote. And Dish Tv has many channel which are part of DDDirect+. In basic packages of both Dish TV does not hav many english news channels, Discovery, NG, etc ...

Okay, I have already given comparison here for TATA SKY , SUN DIRECT and BIGTV.

Tata sky you have already seen , see below for DISHTV / BIGTV

Comparison: Dishtv platinum pack is better and economial then BIGTV Max Pack

I have done a comparison between BIGTV max pack and dishtv platinum pack and found that dishtv's platinum pack is more economical and much better then BIGTV max pack.

1. Economy: Dishtv Platinum pack cost Rs.283+ tax= Rs. 312, Where as Bigtv Max pack cost Rs.375 + tax= Rs. Rs.414 that is Rs.102 More.

If we add Colors and Utv channels pack then dishtv cost Rs.362
Still bigtv costs Rs. 52 More what dish tv cost.

So bigtv is costly and dishtv is economical.

2. No. of Channels: Dishtv provides 185 channels and services in platinum pack where BIGTV provides only 111 Channels.

So dishtv offer more number of channels in less cost.

3. Important Extra Channels In dishtv: ndtv Imagine, Real, WB, MGM, Zee Sports, Zee Action, Zee Classic + Regional channels, News Channels, Music Channels , International Channels which are missing on BIGTV

4. Important Extra Channels in BIGTV: Firangi, Bindass, neo sports, Neo cricket, UTV World Movies

So dishtv have lot more extra channels at very low cost as compared to bigtv.

===============================================

Further i have already posted comparson between dishtv/ sun direct

See link: https://broadbandforum.co/sun-direct-dth/47004-sun-direct-most-costly-dth-over-rs-600-per-month/

----------

Further i will also do a comparison between Airtel and Dishtv and post it here.

U

urpradhan

Regulars
ISP
BSNL-Home 500C
No dth services provider can give better picture/sound quality than local cable wala. Why ?Here you have to understand how both the technologies work.1.your local cable wala downloads the original signal of the channel from satellite, then without compressing the signal quality it transmits the signal to your home2. In contrast, dth operators downloads the signal, compresses the signal and then uploads to again their satellite and dth user downloads that signal from the satellite. Cos dth operators have taken satellite bandwidth as rent they want to accomodate more and more channels into their limited bandwidth by compressing the signal loosing the signal quality3. Do not confused by digital tv. Unless otherwise your tv has dvi port/interface (which is reraly found),ultimately the user has to convert from digital to analog before viewing the channel and you are actually watching analog signal4. Again mpeg-4 is not a standard which gives better picture quality rather its better compression technology reducing the picture quality and hence mpeg-4 means less quality than mpeg-2 or original signal qualitybut certainly the cable has the biggest drawback that, even if you have power at home and cable wala does not have, you will not be able to see the channels which sometimes gives bitter experience. Where as if you have dth you can watch the channels if you have power at home.And the biggest disadvantage with dth is, once you bought the hardware from your service provider, you are bound to stick with them and you do not have option to switch the service operator as they all are not oibeying the trai's rule for technical interoperability of dth hardware, which is a must and govt must take action to all dth players

T

trudth99

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I HATE DISHTV:madness::mad:

ALL THE FOOLS WILL NEVER LIKE DISH TV ,THEY ARE THE USELESS BRAINS.:irock::notallowed:

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
alright. you are getting on my nerves around here. if you cannot be clear about the reasons of your dislike for zee, i would have to throw you out.