• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,052

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
This is comparision of Tataindicom and MTNL triband.

I have put this specifically for Tataindicom to read and modify their plans so they can stay in the market else MTNL will kick them out soon. Obviously other people can benefit from this too while selecting ISP.

I have used both Tataindicom (for 2 months) and MTNL and this is based on my experience and should be generally same for all.

I have assumed usage of 400mb download and 200mb upload per month.

Pls click on image below for full size comparision table.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6813/tatamtnljp3.png

P.S. Comparision table was posted as image as forum policy didnt allow me to post HTML formatted table.

Posted in tataindicomm forum too.

hmmm...luks like uve made a pt derenice work! 😀

definately ,
at connection , cost and reliablity MTNL beats everyone in mumbai and delhi , but goes behind BSNL nationewise.......................

well bsnl or mtnl is one and same thing. only reason mtnl is slightly costlier anddoesnt offer better plan is because its in big metros and intends to mint money.

i totally beg to differi have tested all plans of tata..from 64kbps till 2mbps and i have now settled for 2mbps unlimited plan...yes with tricks...u can make this possible1. Speed 2 mbps constant speed dl and 600kbps unlimited..mtnl the suckers provide an upload speed 256 only..which sucks if wanna download torrent files, not from a private tracker...but an public 1...trust me upload speed counts a lot..2. on surfing speeds...mtnl sucks is same like its 256 kbps ...but tata its like ur quick sand3. u guys dont provide a 256 kbps ul in mumbai...tata is at 512 kbps ...4. lan possiblites of tata5. most important point...tata only rocks on lan connections a.k.a pppoe protocal....it sucks big big time on adsl....big since we have tata on our pppoe network...who cares..... i lauff at u mtnl guys...they u guys show off mann...trust me...u guys dont have much to show off wit......

cant understand single point u r trying to make. and mtnl does provide 2mbps. it depends on plan u take.pls compare similar plans. u cant compare tata 512 ul and mtnl 256 nu. tata costs 3 times.tell ur tata plan and the cost u incurr per month. but first pls explain all points again. and most important talk abt downtime.

i face a max 2 hrs of downtime in a week...mtnl only makes sense for limited users....if u are heavy downloader..... and ur wit mtnl mumbai...ur so stuck in the wrong boat....ps. isps that have improved drastically in mumbai...Pacenet.....exatt ...and tata via pppoe....rocks....mtnl mumbai guys just give these ips are try now......and amish wthz the upload speed of mtnl

i already had tata experience and still have local cable op sharing same network with tata. so i know how often prblm occurs in local cable op or tata. i still see lots of flooding in network and downtime.for heavy downloaders mtnl mumbai has nu plan. it may be insufficient for some but if u can cleverly schedule ur downloads its sufficient and cheap. but u are still not comparing plans costwise. plus mtnl 512 plan DOES give u 512 up speed too. (512 plan was assigned to me by mistake so i know this)abt downtime.. 2hrs per week is an LOL for me.i have mtnl from 6months now and it has gone down only twice.and if u dont know tata is giving u 2mbps because MTNL initiated it.

try downloading 70 gb in 10 days with pc not being even the whole day...u win....today south park latest episode was out ...took me 4 mins and 30 mins for lost and jericho...my mtnl friend has to wait till 12 at night and get an awasome speed of 256 kbps lol......u do win amish ...mtnl rocks...lol

^^

Hey dude, we agree with you. Do you know about Tata plans and quality of service in Delhi. If you have any info, then please share it with us. Also tell us how much you pay for your connection in total i.e. adding all service tax, rental etc.

And have you faced any problem till date with your BB connection? If not then you really don't know your ISP well. You get to know only when you have an encunter with the Customer Care, or when you have a technical problem which you can't solve, at your end.

lol great i won! u still havent told us how much u pay!! tell that first pls then compare.

i dont pay anything.....tata has a very poor authenctication system....i am currently using a someone from bangalore's 64kbps unlimited line and coverting that line to a 2 mbps line..... all these tricks are only possible on a pppoe connection...so dsl guys dont go mad trying to find out....but pppoe guys...omg there are so many tricks in tata..... all u need is some kind of common sense to find them out.... amish and others...do u want screenshots tell me