Commercial MTNL 3G Jadoo launch on 26-january-09 in Delhi

26th Jan has come and gone. Where is the launch? 😛

mtnl is like microsoft. they announce and they launch vaporware. airtel on the other hand is trying to be Apple. they test and test and test. rumors and more rumors. and one fine day, they launch.

Don;t think it is here yet. Did not see any newspaper ads or anything? They have already launched it 2 times, Dec 11 and Jan 26, what does a launch mean to MTNL?

mtnl is like microsoft. they announce and they launch vaporware.

airtel on the other hand is trying to be Apple. they test and test and test. rumors and more rumors. and one fine day, they launch.

The difference is,mtnl has the spectrum and airtel doesnt.They have to put infrastructure in place,which is going to take time. Until then enjoy these soft launch stunts.

With the 3g spectrum auction referred to Group of Ministers and if they don't arrive at a policy before February mid, 3g auction will not happen during the present tenure of the Govt. If BJP wins the next election, they will make more changes to the 3g policy and the 3g launch by other players is unlikely to happen this year.BSNL and MTNL has all the time in the world to launch the service. But the private players will cry foul, as BSNL/MTNL gaining a fairly good early mover advantage. This might delay BSNL's launch all over India. By the time 3g becomes a reality the world will be ready for 4g. The speed at which the Govt doing their job is amazing.

MTNL will Launch 3G on Feb 10thI have read it some where and I will Post the Details once I get the SourceMTNL will Launch 3G on Feb 10thI have read it some where and I will Post the Details once I get the Source

mtnl is like microsoft. they announce and they launch vaporware.

airtel on the other hand is trying to be Apple. they test and test and test. rumors and more rumors. and one fine day, they launch.
Pretty weird analogy

Apple and microsoft are way more professional than MTNL and Airtel. Airtel is expensive without any good service whereas apple is all about tech+glamor with high pricing no doubt
MTNL is sarkari, poor service though its bb services and tariffs are way better than airtel. I dont think MS is better than Apple in any regard. And moreover Apple and MS are in different domains as well whereas MTNL and airtel are in an almost same domain

so Buy Mtnl @ 72 and wait till it hits 90+ and There you go Rocky hit:wall:Instead i do it my way and Buy put of Index :thumb:

MTNL to offer 3G services from Feb 5
New Delhi, Jan. 29

‘Initially, the service will be available in the New Delhi Municipal Corporation area’
The company is planning to offer 3G services at under Rs 1,000 a month

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd is all set to launch third generation mobile services commercially on February 5 even as private operators’ roll-out plans have got further delayed following a decision by the Cabinet to refer 3G spectrum auction policy to a Group of Ministers.
“We are ready with our 3G network in Delhi. Consumers will be given connection starting February 5. We are also selling data cards. Initially, the service will be available in the New Delhi Municipal Corporation area, which will be gradually extended all the way up to Gurgaon,” Mr R.S.P. Sinha, Managing Director, MTNL, told Business Line. MTNL’s and BSNL’s plans are not affected by the delay as they were given 3G spectrum last year ahead of the private players. This will give the two PSUs at least 8-10 months lead over the private operators. The other advantage is that the two PSUs do not have to pay for the spectrum until the auction for private operators is completed.

vendors worried
But the private operators do not seem to be too concerned about the delay as neither the Cellular Operators Association of India nor any individual operator offered to comment on the development. A section of the industry had been pushing for a delay in auctions on the ground that there wasn’t enough money available to invest in acquiring spectrum and laying out a new network for 3G services.
However, telecom equipment vendors and handset makers are worried as they were expecting more sales after the introduction of 3G services. Mr Pankaj Mohindroo, President, Indian Cellular Association, said “The delay was unnecessary and it is a huge disappointment. India could lose out on the benefits of bringing in an efficient technology such as 3G.”
Meanwhile, the MTNL chief said the company is planning to offer 3G services at under Rs 1,000 a month.

efficient technology

hah. as if they are really going to offer the customers efficient services at decent prices.

hah. as if they are really going to offer the customers efficient services at decent prices.

I guess the efficiency here means the Spectral Efficiency, which is much better in 3G than the 2G technology. More users can be packed in a spectral band than the 2G technology in the same band.

well i meant that they make use of the network and provide decent unlimited plans to the customers.

So, after several launches their network is still not ready. Yes, they can offer service at under Rs. 1000 but the BIG question is exactly what the download limit will be for Rs. 1000. I bet it will be about 250 MB per month for Rs. 1000 or even less... and yes they will issue ads asking people to watch live TV on their phones with such crappy download limits.