Comments On Reservation Issue...

Sushubh

Administrator
we are slaves of our own actions. boycott elections. boycott the governments... obey judiciary. and file PILs in courts.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
lol... it really seems that these days PILs in court, and the Supreme and High courts are the only one who seem to be making any positive change. It's unfortunate that our judiciary is handicapped by a legislature comprising of short-sighted, self-serving, uneducated politicians (and yes I know there are exceptions to this stereotype).

And aniketvb, though I agree that our educational system is setup to the disadvantage of the economically lower classes, quotas still wouldn't solve the problem - scholarships however would.

For all the inspiration that the politicians supposedly get from the U.S. as regards to affirmative action, if only they adopted the concept of "financial aid" then we would have no problem. The college I went to in the states would to the best (and I mean best) of their abilities make sure that a deserving student was never denied quality educaiton merely on financial factors. And my college wasn't rich like some others.

btw did anyone catch this dude from the knowledge commission (one of the two who actually supported quotas) who in a talk show on DD or something claimed that the American civil war was fought to bring about affirmative action for african-americans!!!!! :) What's next? Are they going to claim that OBCs have been oppressed with slavery for "two millenia" (wherever that figure came from). :rolleyes:

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
This quota system is a viscious cycle. On one hand you might be implementing it to bring up the backward class(which I dont think is the case with these f*king politicians. They are just concerned about votes.), but on the other hand you are creating a gap between the "upper class" and the "lower class" and differences in the caste system.

I do agree that this is a big step in the backward direction. The reservations were first introduced to help the people from the backward class to come up and bring about equality in soceity, and then later on start reducing the reservations. But today what is hapenning is a different story altogether. Instead, reservations are being increased and more differences ares being created in the society. The government should try and think how to decrease reservations and not how to increase them.

Today, the reservations shouldnt be on the basis of caste. The government should try and help the economically weak persons. Im not sayin that these people shouldnt be given a chance, but if want to keep reservations you just cant ridiculously increase the number reserved seats to some absurd level, there has to be a limit. You cant be unfair to the other people who deserve more. Also, these reservations are being misused badly. Everyone knows that anyone can get a certificate for just a few hundred rupees.

QUOTE(power @ May 24 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]52194[/snapback]
there was one good suggestion in interview . If a obc person gets a reserved seat through quota then his childrens should not be able to get reserved seats . reservation should be on financial basis which is not possible as most people hardly shows their full property/income to government OR there should be no quota ( best solution :D ).
[/b]
I totally agree on that. I think a couple of suggestions made were good.
I just wish that there were no reservations at all.

Lets just hope that all goes well and we get a better solution which would be beneficial to all.

sylenzednuke

I think this whole idea of reservations is crappy, I have seen people creating fake OBC certificates and getting admission.When these politicians get even a headache, they head for foreign treatment, why because they themselves know that this reservation has detoriated the quality of doctors in India.I think quotas based on financial conditions is a brilliant idea.I like your signature vebmetal.

gsgs

Regulars
we d educated ones dnt vote coz v knw dat they (d sucker politicians) don't deserve our votes...........but d blasted non-educated ones votes n' place a damn asshole onto our backs who knws shit n cares shit either :angry: so bhai log.........kya hoga is desh ka? :unsure:

sylenzednuke

We can vote , atleast we would get a little better politicians than the ones those OBCs choose.

parth.paul

Regulars
Quota sucks. The goverment is creating a ridge between the communities......too build a vote bank......