• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 11,138

Abhishek

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I have crossposted this on http://www.vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic...6206.html#36206

My efforts have borne fruit. After blogging extensively, I have been contacted by CNN-IBN guys. One of their tech correspondents, Mr Narendra Nag is looking for stories on pathetic state of broadband access.

He wants to do stories from across India. It means that you can file in your stories to him directly on his email; which would be edited for clarity or relate your experiences with pathetic broadband access. Your ISP doesn't matter. Whether it's dial up or cable or DSL.

Spread the word and we want to have some activity on ground.

Remember, that this is still an evolving idea. It might be a half hour special or something.

You can call him direct on his mobile number. Give him my reference or mention that you are a member of these forums. We need some action now and suffered long enough.

Mr Nag's mail id is:
narendra.nag(at)tv18online.com
His mobile number is 00 91 98996 92269
He's given me express permission to post his details here.

Kick some ass guys. It can't be radical because it's mainstream. But surely we would want to highlight the pathetic access hassles. We all work on hope. This might be our chance to get it to a wider platform.

I hope that all members would respond to this positively. I am cross posting this to other forums too. Let's see how it works out.

Once this works out, we might as well as see some more stories being done in other media channels.

Your suggestions are welcome. I would want to contact one Mr Ankur Raheja, who filed a case against Sify. Any details?

excellent. i'll be sending in some emails, and i cant wait to see what they put up on the channel...this should really spread awareness about the high costs, low quality, low speed, ridiculous limits etc, (compared to the international broadband situation) to more people

why don't you just send him a link to this forum... he can see it for himself, and maybe he could even feature India Broadbnd Forum in his show 🙂

they don't have time to copy edit the posts on their own website, i doubt they have time to give a reading to this forum. apparently they do keep a track of 2 of my blogs! scary...

I need to have some sizeable reply to all this. It isnt there. There is community feeling to all this. I thought we had a perfect oppurtunity across India or perhaps a cross section of users to kick out the ISP's ass. Media maybe limited in effect and reach. But once it decides to highlight any issue, it can be disastous for the people in power. I thought, there would be an enthusiastic response but is being met by cynicism, I believe. Come on!

yeah. dont be a wuss.

I am emailing him a VERY STRONG letter that I had written to a newspaper. Lets see what happens...

cynicism? i think the word you're looking for is apathy...

cynicism is what some of the broadbandblog.in posts are looking like 🙂

come on, u know how things move slow here (including tcpip packets over our broadband lines hehe)... once this shows up on a few tv shows, where more people (paying consumers and the regulatory authorities) will sit up and take note...

these people need to get educated about the sad broadband we have compared to some other parts of the world

need to realise that bringing costs down, improving speeds, quality, removing (or reducing) ridiculous data limits, will not just make kids and geeks happy, i think it will move this country a step closer to being the IT (and intellectual?) superpower that we claim to be 🙂

just think... a www.dot-com-boom.in right here heh

In any case, would you post your specific hassles here? In few words what would you like to see for Broadband?Okay 1 mbps for starters, 100 mbps all the way up. All at fraction of cost than what we pay. 1)Broadband should be subsidised, no service tax. It is self defeatist, right?2) 1Mbps and more to be classified as Broadband3) Last mile access to be opened up4)VoIP applications to come in mainstrem5)How much minimum bandwidth is needed for gaming?6)For hassle free IPTV? And super smooth IPTV?These are the few questions I intend to send across to the Tech correspondent who might highlight. We all work on hope and I need u r cooperation!

Vishal, true. The word is Apathy. Indeed. Atleast there is some beginning. The whole point is that we cant give this up midway. And I am as obstinate as I can be.

These new channels r sellout to corporate and politicans. Wondered what stopped them to show "Amar singh ki amar kahani" despite having the tapes, they didn't even waited for 2 mins before airing salman khan tape (which turned out to be forged) . Reason they give is legal advice from lawyer (or a backend deal 😉 ). A totally pathetic media. No use of telling them anything.