INDIAN
ISP
MTNL
HBN Group soft launches CNEB news & entertainment channel

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/apr/apr181.php

By GAURAV LAGHATE
Indiantelevision.com Team

(15 April 2008 4:00 pm)
MUMBAI: The HBN Group has soft launched its 24-hour Hindi news and entertainment channel CNEB. CNEB, which stands for Complete News and Entertainment Broadcast, has signature statement Lahar to paida hogi (ripples will be created).
The channel is all set to launch commercially in May.
Girish Juneja, who was executive producer of programming in India TV, is the creative and programming head of CNEB.
"Our soft launch is on and CNEB will see commercial launch in May," Juneja told Indiantelevision.com.
"More and more news channels have shifted their focus from hardcore news to a lot more of entertaining content. We have tailored our channel taking this into account, so as to give a 360 degree view of news," said Juneja.
In addition to news, CNEB will also showcase shows on crime, entertainment, travelogues and public interest.
Run from a 16,000-square foot building in Noida, the channel has three fully functional bureaus in Lucknow, Chandigarh and Dehradun. The Mumbai bureau is under construction. For the rest, CNEB will rely on stringer-based network.
"The channel is available through DishTV and will be shortly available on Tata Sky," said Juneja.
Amandeep Singh Sran is the chairman of CNEB Pvt Ltd, a part of HBN Group that runs HBN Homes Colonisers, Viraman Buildcon and Developers, HBN Dairies and Allied Ltd, and HBN Insurance Agencies Ltd.
The group also has plans to launch next year two Punjabi language channels - a music and a news and entertainment channel.

Indiantelevision.com > News Room Headlines > HBN Group soft launches CNEB news & entertainment channel

Now what do we say about it . i wonder what has happen to tatasky thinktank . they are continously adding idiotic channel yesterday thay added PTC , today they did it with ETC Bihar and now they are adding a clone of BAKWAS INDIA TV known as CNEB.

i do not if they can add these obnoxius & irritant channels why on earth they can`t add Zee Sports. Also i wish they add UTVi a businees news channel which it appear to be decent channel and they have entered in an agreement with ABC news ...........Finger crossed
:madness:

Very Good Tata Sky.. Keep on adding Crap channels... 😡

I thing TS is keep on adding the scrap channels................ Good working doing by TS. Good Luck

Anything offered for free is on Tata Sky..All good channels will somehow manage a place in Lifestyle pack..Why don't they add all these crap channels into one pack and charge 30 Rs for it.. In this way i can subscribe to LS pack than a stupid pack like this.. 😡I remember, during the month when zee channels were removed, TS said in TDSAT that they wanted to air only popular channels because of shortage of TP space.. They somehow manage to find free space for such crap channels 😡Does Mr. Kaushik decide which channels are more famous than the others.. As a customer we need to choose what we want to see..TRAI Are u listening 😗

Guys i think we just need to wait & watch till Big Tv is launched. I am sure the aggressive marketing of Big Tv will have major effect on all DTH providers & hopefully customers will be king:thumbsup:

Don't forget that the newer channels pay the DTH companies "carriage fees". If TS is getting free revenue, do you expect it to do something different.

exactly........Carriage fees is the buzzword. not only on DH platforms but on Cable as well

Girish Juneja, who was executive producer of programming in India TV, is the creative and programming head of CNEB.
So it will be another clone news channel of India TV.
Already we have rubbish India TV which is more of a foolish entertainment channel than news channel. Now add 1 more to its list.

I agree.. What is INDIA TV by the way..Last night was watching a show where they had a news of lava flowing out of the ground in Indore.. More than focusing on the news they kept using some stupid lines like : "Yeh aag ko dekhiye!" "Kya ye khatarnak hai" "kya bharat mein volcano hai" :hysterical:To add to the stupidity they kept showing the same video over and over.. I wonder if anybody likes the news on this channel.. :rofl:I hate India TV.. I have even gone to the extent of locking the channel using parent control so that even by mistake i dont watch this channel :thumbsup:

I never used to see those news channels. I browse on this news channels only ndtv, ibn, timesnow, headlines today, dd news aajtak, ndtv india

I hate India TV.. I have even gone to the extent of locking the channel using parent control so that even by mistake i dont watch this channel :thumbsup:

Great idea.:thumbsup: Well done.
Gonna follow you.😗

Today These Idiots Were Showing Criss Angels Streetmagic As Breaking News ... The Stunts Have Been Seen By Me On Star World And Axn Before But This Channel Showede As Something As Unnaturaal