CNBC UNCOVERED: ready to expose sify

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,562

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
I just got off talking to a rep in CNBC TV 18. He says he could get to the bottom of sify scam if they get m@$$ complaints. We can do this guys. I want you all to drop a mail to uncovered@moneycontrol.com

I have drafted mine.

Subject: Cheating and Misrepresentation by Sify Broadband, Sify cheating customers

Dear Sir,

I purchased Sify broadband 64Kb UNLIMITED connection on the 30th December 2004 after reading the advertis€m€nt for the same. From the very first day I have found the service to be faulty.

I will now list the inconsistencies and lies advertised by SIFY Broadband:

1) The Internet connection offering speeds up to 64 Kilobit per seconds is packaged as Broadband packages. This is done to lure uninformed customers and this also violates the TRAI regulation that clearly defines broadband as a connection offering speeds in the range of 256 kilobits per second or more.

2) The speed is capped after 75 megabytes of download in a day, once that limit is reached; speed is brought down to 24 kilobits per second. This rule applies to all unlimited packages.

3) Sify does not provide unlimited data download as promised by them. It has a daily download limit of 150 Mega bytes. If a user downloads more than he is penalizes by deducting a day from the validity of his pack. This rule is not indicated in any of its marketing stunts.

4) Sify encourages the CTO to lie and misrepresent the package as unshared dedicated connection. Customers are also kept in dark about other limitations mentioned above.

5) Sify employs uncivilized urchins as the CTO (people who provide the local service), in my case the CTO happens to be a convicted felon. This does not allow me to freely convey my grievance.

6) Sify does not provide proper receipt towards payment of bills. It does not provide proper documentation at the time of installation.

7) Sify charges Rs. 2000 towards the installation charge. However it does not disclose any of the hidden limitations of the so-called ?unlimited? package. When I confronted Sify with the above inconsistencies and demanded a refund they rejected it summarily.

8) Sify technical helpdesk (Phone number 1600333330) is unavailable most of the time. They also don?t register any complaints or give any reference number to track the complaints.

9) After confronting them with my problems repeatedly and warning them about possible legal action my connection has been locked since 16th march 2005. I have tried to contact the Sify Helpdesk and the local CTO, both have turned a blind eye.

Guys we can do this , we can expose these b*st*rds. We could get refunds. this is a chance to stand up against these pigs. but we would get a responce only if its a m@$$ campign.

Originally posted by Mahesh1@Mar 27 2005, 08:42 PM
I just got off talking to a rep in CNBC TV 18. He says he could get to the bottom of sify scam if they get m@$$ complaints. We can do this guys. I want you all to drop a mail to uncovered@moneycontrol.com

I have drafted mine.

Subject: Cheating and Misrepresentation by Sify Broadband, Sify cheating customers

Dear Sir,

I purchased Sify broadband 64Kb UNLIMITED connection on the 30th December 2004 after reading the advertis€m€nt for the same. From the very first day I have found the service to be faulty.

I will now list the inconsistencies and lies advertised by SIFY Broadband:
1) The Internet connection offering speeds up to 64 Kilobit per seconds is packaged as Broadband packages. This is done to lure uninformed customers and this also violates the TRAI regulation that clearly defines broadband as a connection offering speeds in the range of 256 kilobits per second or more.

2) The speed is capped after 75 megabytes of download in a day, once that limit is reached; speed is brought down to 24 kilobits per second. This rule applies to all unlimited packages.

3) Sify does not provide unlimited data download as promised by them. It has a daily download limit of 150 Mega bytes. If a user downloads more than he is penalizes by deducting a day from the validity of his pack. This rule is not indicated in any of its marketing stunts.

4) Sify encourages the CTO to lie and misrepresent the package as unshared dedicated connection. Customers are also kept in dark about other limitations mentioned above.

5) Sify employs uncivilized urchins as the CTO (people who provide the local service), in my case the CTO happens to be a convicted felon. This does not allow me to freely convey my grievance. 

6) Sify does not provide proper receipt towards payment of bills. It does not provide proper documentation at the time of installation.
7) Sify charges Rs. 2000 towards the installation charge. However it does not disclose any of the hidden limitations of the so-called ?unlimited? package. When I confronted Sify with the above inconsistencies and demanded a refund they rejected it summarily.

8) Sify technical helpdesk (Phone number 1600333330) is unavailable most of the time.  They also don?t register any complaints or give any reference number to track the complaints.

9) After confronting them with my problems repeatedly and warning them about possible legal action my connection has been locked since 16th march 2005. I have tried to contact the Sify Helpdesk and the local CTO, both have turned a blind eye.
Guys we can do this , we can expose these b*st*rds. We could get refunds. this is a chance to stand up against these pigs. but we would get a responce only if its a m@$$ campign.
[snapback]7139[/snapback]
[/quote]
1.They have got 256kbps packages.Go for that one and believe me you will fall in love with sify.

2.Speed depends on the network.

3.ALL the ULTD plans don'y have download limits except 128kbps ULTD conection where it is clearly mentined that download limit exist only for that package

4.It doesn't matter whether the connection is shared/unshared as far as we get advertised speeds.

5.So what?It's bad luck to you.They can't interview all the CTO's who is good or who is bad

6.U will get proper bill from your CTO.

7.Bad question

8.GO for another number or CTO will always help and it's a shame on you that you are giving these kind of reasons in a complaint.

9.The ban may be due to hacking or spreading viruses etc. from your computer

Excellent Mahesh. Now we need the media to get involved in the scam of what Broadband is. Do us all a favour dude. Let us know about as it happens and the details of the program if it is aired.And why would the rep from CNBC need m@$$ mails and complaints? That is the problem with the media. Despite the fact that it is evident, still they wish to have some "proof". Anyway, I am linking this thread to another website which is dealing with the telecom forums. I suggest that you sign up there too if possible. I am looking for some action finally. This is the fact that I had been stressing on repeatedly in my columns. Grahak jago!

1st of all u dont need to quote the post above u aing...all the reasons he gave r well justified.u don't need to argue just for the sake of it.adn the most important thing of all is u s*ck 😛

well done mahesh .... i am writing to the mail address...But be sure to tell us when the report will be aired..If those guys want a proof tell them themselves to take a connection...

umm.. dude.. they can't just air the program unless they have proof.. but good luck.. officer, renew your account and check out what it says about the limit.

but bhinder yaar Such type of letters get published everyday and no one really notices.......We now have a chance at our hands ...yes the media will take notice of it if we respond...Lets not loose this chance..Come on Guys lets start writing mails to uncovered@moneycontrol.com

is there any problem with "sify officer". Gosh..despite so many abuses he is still here. Sify must be paying him really good. I am glad i have nothing to do with sify in anyway.
Yet, for the regulars on the forum, i am contributing to techwhack
www.broadbandforum.co
I guess sushubh isnt there..have two more pending posts there.
In case you feel like, please forward the link to the email id..
Thanks.Let's spread the word. And yes, once it comes in the mainstream media...people would avoid buying sify for all possible reasons.

hey you sify fu**in officer you are still here don't you know that you are posting crap here the 256 pack you are talking is a night pack we want a 24x7 unlimited pack you said accept 128 unltd all other 24x7 unltd packs have no limits in your earlier posts you said that there is a speed cap. 100mb a day is not bad what is this?
I THINK YOU NEED PUBLIC DHULAI

Originally posted by sify officer@Mar 27 2005, 09:07 PM
1.They have got 256kbps packages.Go for that one and believe me you will fall in love with sify.

2.Speed depends on the network.

3.ALL the ULTD plans don'y have download limits except 128kbps ULTD conection where it is clearly mentined that download limit exist only for that package

4.It doesn't matter whether the connection is shared/unshared as far as we get advertised speeds.

5.So what?It's bad luck to you.They can't interview all the CTO's who is good or who is bad

6.U will get proper bill from your CTO.

7.Bad question

8.GO for another number or CTO will always help and it's a shame on you that you are giving these kind of reasons in a complaint.

9.The ban may be due to hacking or spreading viruses etc. from your computer
[snapback]7142[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sify officer

1. 256 are either available 10 hours from 10PM to 8am or the data transfer ones will finish within hours, they don't exactly endear Sify to anyone.

2. Yeah it does but don't misrepresent that, say it somewhere.

3. I am sooo mad a you for saying that I could kick....nevermind. This is an outright lie however you are right about them mentioning the 150MB per day limit on the 128 pack.

4. WTF? Do you even understand what he said? Being a shared connection he does not get the advertised speeds geez...

5. No comment.

6. U is an alphabet, you is a word. About the bill I'm not sure...

7. Why the heck is it a bad question? Because you can't answer it?

8. @#$! OMG I think this is the very worst of indian business tactics, trying to blame the customer when it is actually your fault.

9. Well maybe they should tell him about it instead of banning his account though there are legitimate reasons why his account could be banned which they mention in their terms so umm, stalemate.

Finally I won't insult you gratuitously as you are probably doing this to increase your business and how much you earn. However tricking people to do this is not the right way try to get Sify to change instead of trying to change us.

Lastly sorry to Sushubh for increasing the size of this post so much 🙂

And why would the rep from CNBC need m@$$ mails and complaints?[/b]

Well i am regular viewer of CNBC. Also i watch the program called UNCOVERED which is sort of a consumer redresal program. I have been contacting cnbc trying to get my compliaint (reagrding sify) through to them.

Why m@$$ mail? [/b]

If we can host a anti-sify messageboard why can't we convey our grievience to the media? Whats wrong in that? also they should know that a lot of ppl (not just me) have been royally screwed by sify.

Guys mail them. If we don't ry then no-one can help us. We got nothing to lose!!

Thanks for the email address mahesh. It's better if we all relayed our experiences with Sify to them so that they might get a sense of customers' sense of har@$$ment.As regards Sify officer's ramblings 😛 whatever he can't figure out, he blames it on viruses, as he is blaming mahesh's account being locked on.I mean if really your account has been locked and not just expired, it's outrageous.And whatever officer is claiming about there not being any speed cut-downs/download limits and blaming low speeds on network conditions, till about a month back all the limits and conditions existed and were admitted to by the Cust Care. Now we have a nebula here wherein some people say they don't face any limits and others say they do. And there's no clarity on what the limits are, whether it's a reduction in validity period limit or whether it's a speed reduction limit. And speed will depend on network if it's up :lol: Half the time it's down, f**king down.But most of the speed issues i have seen people having are not because of network problems anyway, rather some download limit thing is working for them.

Mahesh i think reinstalling your network card could help....just try that...Go to device Mangaer in winows and right click over your network card and uninstall it....Restsrt Pc ...It could work If it is a Mac Ban...Just try it..

Before you uninstall make sure you have the drivers to reinstall!

It's the 150mb limit, my account has expired in 13 days flat (3rd march - 16th march). I can't believe this, my download logs don't even show that kind of download. The thing that crosses me the most is that on the day of renewal i had asked the CTO who further clarified with a manager in sify (delhi division) and @$$ured me that there was no download limit on the 64k unlimited plan. Why do they have to lie? They could havetold about the limit and i would have been more carefull with the downloads or wouldn't have reneued at all. Why the f**k did they lie???