Cloudflare Warp+

this also means that most people who were on waitlist are likely to lose their 10GB free warp+ data as well if they reinstall the app unless they have fixed this bug. i really doubt they have. they said that because of privacy issues they are not iding the user at all. but subscribing to warp+ does work fine. app resumes your subscription on reinstall or reset just fine. with no manual approval or authentication.

this also means that they currently have no way to offer multi-device support to paying users. they do say that they are working on a solution for that. if they manage to deliver multi-device support including desktop for Rs. 70 per month... i would pay for it along with my regular VPN.

do remember that this is not really designed to be a vpn. you should not use it to do anything that you would not do directly on your internet connection. it would help people who are on ISPs that interfere with their insecure web traffic like bsnl and mtnl. it would help in cases where bad routing is hurting your internet experience. but it does not hide the real ip here on forum for instance.

what works for me is to clear app data. but that basically forgets your referral data. it is kind of insane that they released it today with so many issues. on every reset, app generates a new share link and forgets all your accumulated data. i paid for warp+ and i have to reset the app on every update of app. at least that was the case till today. not sure if next update would require an app reset or not.
Yes did the same and now its working.

since you only had 1GB of data, i guess it would be fine for you as they are giving 1GB data to everyone?

Got data due to their referral program. And yes i feel once they introduce multi devices plan I will definitely subscribe to it.

did your share url also update after app reset? 💩

Having few issues with bsnl broadband. Sometimes dns error and slow speeds. But working perfectly with my local isp. Did few browsing and Youtube but warp+ data remains at 1gb!

lol. i had that no-data-consumption issue. reported it and they fixed it from their backend. they really have done a botched up release today i guess.

so another update was just released. and this was probably the first time app worked after update without requiring a reset.

though i think it stops the VPN on update and you have to start it manually. that's kind of expected i guess. app also do not have an option to start at boot from my understanding.

So worked without reset after the update? For me it had to eventually reset the app as it stopped working after a while 😅

I just came to know about it today via their blog RSS feed.

I am trying this. And it worked instantly for me. (free version)

Worked on both iPhone and Android phone.

Can anyone explain in simple terms how it works?

When I do what is my ip... it shows some IPv6 address. (But I have IPv4 on phone)

it is essentially a VPN powered by wireguard tech. the data is passed through cloudflare servers. in warp, there is no guarantee that the data would be routed through the datacenters closest to you. so it might be slower than warp+.

this basically achieve two things... any http data is automatically secured. your isp has no idea what you are doing on your connection. and if cloudflare's routing is better than your isp's, your experience improves. but this is not something you would feel most of the time.