Cloudflare Registrar

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Introducing CloudFlare Registrar: Designed for Security, Not the Masses

About a year ago, we came to the conclusion that the only way we would find a registrar that met our security standards was to become one ourselves. So, that’s what we did. Today, all of CloudFlare’s critical domains are registered through our own ICANN accredited registrar. Any changes rely on a strict change control process.
Today, we are opening CloudFlare Registrar to our enterprise-level customers. The service is available to all enterprise customers that care about the highest level of domain registrar security. The first users of our domain registrar service include dwolla.com and nasdaqprivatemarket.com.

CloudFlare Registrar automatically implements both registrar and registry locks in order to restrict unauthorized changes to domains. We lock domains to CloudFlare’s DNS and require two-factor authentication to be implemented on any CloudFlare Registrar account.
Before any transfers are made, we require both online and offline confirmation from multiple independent sources. And, we can customize the authorization process in order to integrate with our customers’ change control systems. For example, if your organization requires separate authorized users from your security, engineering, and legal departments to approve a domain transfer, CloudFlare Registrar can do that.
In addition, we will automatically renew all CloudFlare Registrar domains when they have less than one year left on their registration term. This means the domains will never expire, no matter what.

Introducing Cloudflare Registrar: Domain Registration You Can Love

“I love my domain registrar.” Has anyone ever said this? From before Cloudflare even launched in September 2010, our early beta customers were literally begging us: "Will you please launch a registrar too?!" Today we're doing just that, launching the first registrar we hope you’ll be able to say you love. It's built around three principles: trust, security, and always-fair pricing. And it’s available to all Cloudflare customers.

Here's the promise of the Cloudflare Registrar: we'll follow the best possible security practices and offer you the best possible price. What do we mean by that? From the security side, we promise we'll allow you to enable two-factor authentication, we’ll lock your domain registration by default, and automatically enable best-practice security services like DNSSEC.

From the price side it’s even simpler: we promise to never charge you anything more than the wholesale price each TLD charges. That’s true the first year and it’s true every subsequent year. If you register your domain with Cloudflare Registrar you’ll always pay the wholesale price with no markup.

i am on waiting list till november.

Funny - I started using cloudflare after I came to know from this forum. As per cloudflare waiting queue is based on how long you are customer of cloudflare.

So I should be waiting till after november... instead .. i am on wave 1!! And expected to be getting access soon. (Mid-october is what they are showing)

May be because you probably stopped using cloudflare for a while - I never did. (I was always a FREE customer)

Btw cloudflare does not yet support Indian (.in) TLD and surprisingly not supporting .biz either.

It seems to have major tie up with some registry called (DONUTS) ... which I have never heard about.

TLD Policies | Cloudflare

Almost every TLD (by cloudflare) is via DONUTS!

yeah it's weird. because i created my account as soon as it was announced at techcrunch disrupt conference from what i remember. so i would have posted on the forum at around the same time.

as for using cloudflare... i have a love-hate relationship with cloudflare ever since they launched indian datacenters. performance of the forum drops massively for me when i turn on cloudflare. so i usually keep it disabled.

it still shows that i am on wave 3. i did the donation thing and they do show that i should get early access. but the estimated time is still shown as late october.

one of my domains is set to expire on october 18. i was hoping to move it to cloudflare at their wholesale price. it's not an important domain so no plans to renew at google prices. would probably lose it because it's just too late.

To me .. based on their illustration .. wholesale price is almost same as price I get from Bigrock. So not much of savings.

“I love my domain registrar.” Has anyone ever said this?

I've stuck with Namesilo over the years. They have one of the lowest prices around. Their website design isn't the greatest, but they are a solid company with a ton of features. No shady business.

I just checked the renewal price for .me domain on Namesilo. I am not sure if Cloudflare pricing is public at the moment? Not sure where amish saw it.

Ah I see now. I renewed one just the other day and it was only around 13. Must have been a limited thing.

For me, registering a .me domain was a mistake due to the higher recurring cost. The same with co.in and .in domains - The registry does not support private whois and not every provider supports the domains - I'm stuck with bigrock.

lol yeah. i started with .in, landed on .co. also bought a .me domain. all three super pricey domains. should have stayed on .coms.