clarification regarding night unlimited usage , bsnl home combo 500

Sandeep Bose

clarification regarding night unlimited usage , bsnl home combo 500:

i am using Type 1 ADSL2+ CPE/Router modem , i have already set my modem to "bridge" mode, pls help me regarding night unlimited usage i.e how to set the device so that i can use the benefit download of night 2:00am to 8:00pm free usage:smile:

u dont need to do anything with yur device just use scheduler to start your downloads !

Check my previous post regarding this
at the

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/57302-automatic-dial-broadband-connection-windows/

For Automatic bootup system on a particular time

1. Automatic boot up system: Using wakeup alarm in BIOS
2. start utorrent automatically using start menu startup entry.
3. You cannt i can not use Always on connection because i heard that to use the Night Unlimited facility [2 AM to 8 AM ] your connection must establish after 2 AM and disconnect before 8 AM.

actually I search out my modem is in pppoe mode, i.e. net is always on ,the moment i switch on my pc. in this case. how could i use the night unlimited usage benefit?

Im PPOE mode ie always on mode you have to switch on your modem after 2 AM. there is no way to automate the modem to automatic startup. So you have to wakeup at 2 AM to start the download and to shutdown at before 8 AM.

:frown: You must sure about that your session should be established after 2 AM and disconnected before 8 AM. if you violate the above condition BSNL will make your session as chargeable.

so Before making some heavy download. make a test of the BSNL monitoring site by trying various possibilities by downloading small data files (may be 5 , 10 MB) and monitor the usage at the bsnl site to see what data they will include a chargeable transfer and non-chargeable transfer. and make a good understanding about how the BSNL will charge in the free period.

Hi Sandeep! PPPoE connections can be automated my scheduling telnet scripts to reboot the modem just after 2 am once and just before 8am again ... and download can be scheduled in-between these two reboots ... Use Auto-connect download scheduler, which can schedule both bridge and PPPoE type connections on Xp, Vista and 7 as well.

Refer this thread -

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/55795-bsnl-broadband-night-unlimited-solution/