Clarification On Free Bandwidth Allowance?

• Thread starter Thread starter harinderap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,844

harinderap

Can anyone please clarify the note written at the end of the Dataone's new tarrif card (http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352) "The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier. Should this mean that they are not going to add U/L and D/L data? any clarification on wouls be highly appreciated.

Suppose an individual is only uploading data & not downloading as much, then his account will soon exhaust, in that case his u/l will be metered just like his d/l.This is just to further clarify the case of d/l & u/l,so that no one can say that he hasn't downloaded anything substantial to reach the limit.

Thanks 1111 for a prompt reply. If in a home 250 connection some body downloads 800 MB and uploads 500 MB will he be charged anything above Rs. 250? (i.e. will he be charged for 1.3 GB or not?)

QUOTE(APS @ Dec 29 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]72157[/snapback]
Thanks 1111 for a prompt reply. If in a home 250 connection some body downloads 800 MB and uploads 500 MB will he be charged anything above Rs. 250? (i.e. will he be charged for 1.3 GB or not?)[/b]
Yes he will be charged for 1.3 gb & he will have to pay Rs 1500 approx. 250+1260(for 900 extra mB's at 1.40/mB).

Sorry I think U did not get what I was trying to ask. My question was based on the new plans which has I GB free for home 250 and the bottom line of the new tarrif chart says "The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier". If anybody can clarify this, thanks.

^ the bottom line is actually confusing . pls wait & watch .perhaps they mean that uploads & downloads are takenseparately and any of these reaching (first) the allowed limit will be taken into account for calculating the extra charges . But it has to be confirmed ...

Check ur Portal
Home | Access Service | BOD Service | GAMES | VoD | Gaming | sachin | testcat01

And see access service they updated upto 2mbps

QUOTE(APS @ Dec 29 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]72168[/snapback]
Sorry I think U did not get what I was trying to ask. My question was based on the new plans which has I GB free for home 250 and the bottom line of the new tarrif chart says "The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier". If anybody can clarify this, thanks.[/b]

No he wont be charged anything...

If you cross the limit of any one(DL or UL) then .....you are charged

QUOTE(avinds @ Dec 29 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]72222[/snapback]
No he wont be charged anything...

If you cross the limit of any one(DL or UL) then .....you are charged[/b]
i completely agree

usage = DL+UL .So if you download is 800 MB and ur upload is 400 MB, then you have used total of 1200 MB , so u will be charged for the xtra 200 MB

You will be charged if you transfer 1.3 GB in Home 250. Data transfer means upload + download, not only download or only upload.

@krishnan and Pushkar

"The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier." -BSNL site

what does this mean??