Citibank India

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 9,448
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have been receiving a lot of marketing emails from Citi, and I decided to unsubscribe myself from the spam emails.

Guess what? I just realized why it has taken me so long to get rid of these junk mails! Each time I click on the 'unsubscribe' link,

I am taken to a form. I've to fill my credit card details, provide my personal details and when I expect it to get done with it, it tells me this.

DXXJX6T.webp

My Citi CC usage has reduced significantly, I might consider closing this account.

Last edited:
If I want to contact them, one way to do that is:

D1OANe0.webp

I cannot contact them over email, I've to write a letter to them.

No, wait. They do allow us to email them? Yes, they do.

mY6ztDM.webp

Great, right? It doesn't work.

Phone support? Yes, you got it! But there's a catch. There's no Toll Free Number. And if you call, be ready to experience a wait time.

Last edited:
Citibank has very less branches. In my city Pune, there is only 1 branch.

Citibank has very less branches. In my city Pune, there is only 1 branch.

Yup just 1 branch in Pune... I have had an account with them for just over a decade now and not once did I have to visit the branch.

But not sure what hassle they will put up once I want to close the account now that they are exiting India... let's see.

I had to visit branch twice, once to give address proof to change correspondence address, and second time to close Credit card.
I think now Address change can be done online by uploading address proof. I changed correspondence address from office to home when my new Debit card was to be arrived.
I have salary account, so lets see who takes over...

With my recent experience with HDFC Bank I found that trying to contact them via email is almost impossible as they make you go thru a closed ended choices on their site, trying to raise it higher up is also impossible as it requires a ticket number. I had found an imperia banking email id which I don't see anywhere nowadays so don't know if its still valid. I was about to send by snail mail today when I received my CC. Now I am getting inundated my sms about it being on the way when I already got 4 sms saying it's delivered to me. Looks like the system audit is incomplete or not acted upon.

Last edited:
yes bank was pretty nice and now even their call center makes it hard to talk to a real person. i mean i can try using the option to report a stolen card or a fraud transaction and they may connect me to a real person but other than that they do not provide any way to talk to a person because they are still 'understaffed' due to 'covid-19 restrictions'. this was last night. crazy.

at least they do contact me themselves if i file a request through twitter. i have done so for my latest issue and i am waiting for monday to get their call. if it comes.

With a population of this size, we might have to start paying for dedicated customer service.

or they can provide more type of options in their app. i want to downgrade my debit card. no option on the app or the website from what i saw.

Airtel has been working very hard to reduce the number of calls they get by making My airtel app good enough to handle almost any requests. Not sure how it's working for them.