Citibank India

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 9,457
Ask them to waive your fee. They will most likely do it. Then next when someone else is the incharge of your limit other than citi, then you can change your card.

"When someone else is the incharge of your limit", boley tou?

I've the highest credit limit on some other card. Citi has the benefit of being the oldest one.

Annual fee for an unused card - yeah it's tricky, but do try to ask for waiver before closing. Even for my Citi card the limit for purchases required for no annual fee is raised from 50k to 1L. So definitely, thinking about it myself. For me next fee is still some time away , so just waiting to see what happens in terms of the sale.

Citi does have good offers on Flipkart, Amazon etc some times - like sale on mobiles on Flipkart now. So need to see if these benefits justify the fee as don't think will hit 1L usage this year.

Yes, they are the front runner. Though not sure when will the deal be done. Also regulatory approvals and actual change over may take time. I would imagine might be next year that we say a visible change.

So if the timelines are right, then people should start getting their cards converted by end of this year or max early next year and/or start getting offers for an alternate equivalent card etc.

I too got to know from my brother that his bank charges for NEFT, while it was always free for me on Citibank. Is it because mine is Salary account?